Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Thinking about upgrading my steering components.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Thinking about upgrading my steering components.

After adding my rims I noticed my steering components weren't up to par. So I started looking at linkage and decided to go with blue monkey's titanium stage 1 kit. Here in lies my problem, do I order the kit for the stock knuckles or do I order the kit for VP 8* knuckles. My main concern is if I find and order the 8* knuckles Ill have to replace the universals also. Another part that seems to be on indefinite back order. If I can run the 8* knuckles on stock unis then I'll just order my linkage kit for the vp8* knuckles, if not I'll plan to go another route. Thanks all.
nightster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Thinking about upgrading my steering components.

So you have the stock dog bones up front now? Does your radio have adjustable endpoints? If not, the only way you'll gain steering angle is to get a longer servo horn unless the VP 8* setup places the drag link closer to the pivot point to effectively give you more steering angle for a given amount of servo throw. If it does and you can't adjust your endpoints then you probably do need some universals that can handle sharper steering angles without binding.

Keep in mind you have to run the 8* c-hubs with those knuckles as well.
05Fronty4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Thinking about upgrading my steering components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Fronty4x View Post
So you have the stock dog bones up front now? Does your radio have adjustable endpoints? If not, the only way you'll gain steering angle is to get a longer servo horn unless the VP 8* setup places the drag link closer to the pivot point to effectively give you more steering angle for a given amount of servo throw. If it does and you can't adjust your endpoints then you probably do need some universals that can handle sharper steering angles without binding.

Keep in mind you have to run the 8* c-hubs with those knuckles as well.
Dog bones? I have the axial radio the rtr jk came with. I'm going to try and find VP's stage 1 kit for the scx10 if I do decide to go that route.
nightster is offline   Reply With Quote

Thinking about upgrading my steering components. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upgrading steering on the cheap. 05Fronty4x Axial SCX-10 12 02-19-2013 10:21 AM
Thinking of upgrading axial trans buggynutt General Crawlers 5 08-21-2011 07:08 AM
UPgrading steering servo Mr Bill Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 05-01-2011 12:36 PM
Weak Steering Components... need help datz510 General Crawlers 4 04-22-2007 04:56 PM
Hydro Steering Components kerrywittig General Crawlers 0 10-15-2006 10:09 AM