Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Axle width Question??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 12:52 AM   #1

Default Axle width Question??

Guys I have done some searches and been looking at specs of different axles and have decided that I am going to try this. I am getting together a list of things for a flat bed truck like mine that use on the farm everyday. I was thinking that if I ran the stock scx-10 axle in the rear and a wraith front axle with rc4wd wheels it would give me pretty close to the right wheel spacing for a closer to stock tracking. What I am trying to do is have the front n rear tires tracking correctly to a acuatal cab n chassis truck. I have the Tamiya body but if it is to small my buddy has a larger f-250 body that I could cut the bed off and make it work to have the correct width of the bodies. Any thoughts on this??? has any one tried it???

I have the extra wraith front axle from my wraith build so its not going to cost me anything to try. Just wanting some input on how to do this before I order alot of parts n find out its not going to work.
tnspark82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Axle width Question??

Can you post a pic of the truck you are going to base this on? The Wraith axle uses the same output as the SCX10 as far as I recall so link lengths are the only thing you need to get right.
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #3

yes i can get a pic tomorrow of my truck n post it up. I have my scx-10, my body, and my dually wheels otw. I should get it all on monday and I plan on seeing where I stand as far as the look n wheel tracking. I can have some measurements to go off of then. I can even start drawing out my flatbed plan!!!
tnspark82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

You know, the wraith axle is 2 1/2" wider than the other one. Pretty big difference. Might want to narrow it.
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote

Axle width Question?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axle width? Biscuit Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 1 09-05-2009 01:18 AM
Axial Axle width vs WK axle width? DaveFL General Crawlers 2 12-21-2007 01:11 PM
axle width traxxasfreak_jt Tamiya Clod Buster 3 10-19-2006 07:00 PM
Axle width DiabloXL Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 2 09-01-2006 03:08 PM
axle width dblmotes Tamiya TLT Crawlers 1 02-01-2006 05:00 PM