Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: SCX10 JK QUestion?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default SCX10 JK QUestion?

Okay I building my JK SCX10 and doing my mods as I go.

A few questions if someone can help.

1. I am using Proline scaler shocks, I going to have to bump up to the 5mm+ rod ends as I am haveing a bit of clearance issue wth front flex, anyone else have this problem

2. The problem maybe cause to I am using Axial hop up alum chubs and High steer knuckles. The high steer put the steering too highso I am making fram contact. Not to happey with these I may try to drill out and extra hole as when I hook in my servo up with the tie rod I may have conflicts I am doing or trying to do a chasis mounted servo.

3. This is going back to shocks, I may have to try and tweak them a bit, but with the weight I have (tougha armor metal bumber, Bullydog Winch etc the shocks are sagging too much anyone use something other thatn the prolone scaler which gives them better suspension to weight handeling. Since my will be mounted in the front and Itrying to get a good balance but and weight on the front I have seen too many of these rigs flip over backwards due to balance issues with the battery in the back.

4. Any suggestions on steering set up or idea links to other pages how there did it would be appreciated. especialy how people set up a chasis mopunt servo, and if the used high steer arms or regular arms even hop up alum knuckles?

5. I didnt weight the Trepador tires, but I have a set of pit bulls I havent looked at yet, does anyone feel the need that the pit bulls might need to be weighted? They are smaller in OD that the trepadors?

Thats about all I can think of sorry I know search is a great tool, but Im am doing this real quick before I leave of elbow surgery its out patient but Im gonna be semi incapacitated for a few days and this is a great time to work on the rig and I have no time to search before I leave for my surgery.

Thanks
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

SCX10 JK QUestion? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new scx10 question DyrtyByrd Axial SCX-10 7 07-15-2010 02:10 AM
scx10 question civichbboy Newbie General 2 12-16-2009 02:29 PM
scx10 question rckid14 Axial SCX-10 3 08-26-2009 01:57 PM
SCX10 question 53HRA General Crawlers 7 08-05-2009 04:45 AM
Got my SCX10 have question? 4xfloored Axial SCX-10 15 02-03-2009 01:27 AM