Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Vanquish currie axles, loss of wheel speed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Vanquish currie axles, loss of wheel speed

As the title says I finally got around to installing the Vanquish Currie axles in the scx10 today. I put them together as Vanquish said. everything is new inside. went together great, finally got it on the rocks and man I have lost wheel speed when trying to climb over something, to the point that if its steep and im flex'd I cant even get the wheels to spin. the axles seem to spin easy to me by hand before I installed them. electronics are Tekin FXR, castle BEC, Savox servo, Tekin 35 turn pro motor. Tires are lightly weighted RC4WD swampers and Vanquish OMF wheels. it had plenty of wheel speed and spin off bafore I put these in. Did I do something wrong? maybe something that I cant think that is tight? I reset the FXR and even swapped to Tekin 55 turn and Im getting the same thing. when I was free spinning them before I installed them they felt fine but I should have the same amount of power from as before.

thanks for any input
OGXXXOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Vanquish currie axles, loss of wheel speed

If the axles are spinning easy before installation then nothing is wrong with them unless you forgot a bearing somewhere. If you are getting signal from your radio input which you are then your electronics are okay. I would say unscrew the motor a bit and slide the motor over and see if the rig free rolls by hand and if it does that means your drivetrain is fine. Must be something in either your ESC settings or motor.

Just retrace your steps. More than likely it's something so simple you're going laugh at this post.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Vanquish currie axles, loss of wheel speed

I should mention that the motor seems to be getting really hot, I does free spin with the motor out. I could slap the esc on the lap top and re check it but it was fine yesterday. every time I upgrade something, something else freaks out on me
OGXXXOG is offline   Reply With Quote

Vanquish currie axles, loss of wheel speed - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vanquish SCX10 Currie Axles IN Stock RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 2 03-26-2015 07:54 PM
FOFF Whiplash on Vanquish Currie axles 1tonscout Formula Offroad 34 07-18-2013 06:44 PM
Vanquish Currie Axles and SLW hub question buddamonk Axial SCX-10 6 03-11-2013 09:35 AM
Axial links with Vanquish Currie Axles raiders32 Axial SCX-10 5 02-20-2013 05:54 PM