Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: 01XJ's axial rubicon make over

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 01XJ's axial rubicon make over

i bought this a couple months ago and have just been running it stock since then. Yesterday I decided it was time for a change, I was sick of the silver color and all the plastic links. So I changed the color and added home made lower aluminum links and added a axial steering kit and made some scale items and even made a scale cb antenna. . The color im not sure what its called I will have to look but its a krylon fusion made for plastics. I pulled all the stickers and scrubbed and sanded the body and got to painting. The interior is a satin black and so is the body. The tires performance was not to bad but one of the guys in our local club had the same tires but they had some cuts made in them and the tires worked amazing so I did the same ( thanks for letting me copy madscrambler) . Enough talk here are some pics.

Last edited by 01XJ; 05-25-2013 at 10:57 AM.
01XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 01XJ's axial rubicon make over

If you want to give your flairs a nice little touch get a can of black plastidip, take all the flairs off and put a few coats of the plastidip on, then reinstal! Just make sure you sand down any big digs in the plastic first. I think the plastidip just gives the flairs a nice "deep" black look.
wrx-n-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote

01XJ's axial rubicon make over - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Axial Rubicon BodiBuilt Axial SCX-10 135 11-16-2013 01:38 PM
Axial rubicon fender flares on proline rubicon body? XJrob Paint and Body 0 02-27-2013 03:12 PM
New Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Axial Promo Vid B94Cast Scale Videos! 0 10-30-2012 12:20 PM