Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Build start.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 03:37 AM   #1

Default Build start.

Well I don't even have the XJ in my hands and I have a list of things I want to do when it comes in. I want to get some opinions from the more experienced folks. The first is the motor and esc. I've looked and researched and researched and looked, and think I'm going to get the integy 50T and esc combo from somewhere. I'm not as worried about speed as I am about climbability. I'm not sure about the tires once I see how they do, I'll make my mind up to keep or ditch for some 1.9 tsl. The front links have already been converted to metal but the rears are stock plastic, I'm not sure if I should wait till the break and then replace or be proactive and replace sooner. Thoughts? Also I need to add some type of sliders to protect the body. I know this thread is useless without pics, but the jeep won't be in till the 31st and I'm working a 36 hr tour so I won't get my hands on it till Saturday. Boo. Let me know what you think of my ideas so far I'm a complete noob when it comes to small scale crawling.
LC619FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #2

Well the XJ came into and already had a host of parts waiting. Castle sidewinder 3 integy 35T traxxis 1400 3s. Took me a bit to get it all in. Works awesome though. I'll snap some pictures tomorrow when I get off tour.
LC619FR is offline   Reply With Quote

Build start. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what to start a new build jackedman 2.2 Scale Rigs 5 11-29-2012 03:41 PM
Please help start my build XtrailratedJ Newbie General 5 11-24-2012 12:12 AM
where to start with scaler build? craveman85 General Scale Talk 3 04-12-2010 11:07 AM
ok i am ready to start my build four wheel peel Newbie General 7 10-17-2006 03:24 AM
start of my clod build up ttrmike Tamiya Clod Buster 5 12-28-2005 09:35 PM