Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Small rant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Small rant

So I received my dingo kit today and started to assemble it. For starters I got the wrong dogbones. Now its looking like I am missing 2 rod ends. How come people seem to like these so much? I have built 2 tlts and a tc4 and never had a wrong or missing part. For all those parts bags being checked and packed by hand the quality control is terrible.

I have faith that Axial will correct my issues but they never should have existed in the first place.

Any idea how many more problems I'm going to run into? Because I'm off to a terrible start.

/endrant
fuzzhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2013, 01:38 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Small rant

I had the same issues with the dogbones just email them n they will send new ones for free
kakachille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzhead View Post
Any idea how many more problems I'm going to run into? Because I'm off to a terrible start.
I think some of the parts are in bags other then the ones listed in the manual. Also the wheel base did not seem to line up with body when I built mine. Custom links resolved this for me.
Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Axials support is as good as anyone's and they are already sending me the right dogbones. They shouldn't have to though is my feeling.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
Scale Detail Engineering

did you get Wraith dog bones or something?
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
did you get Wraith dog bones or something?
I believe I read that they are wraith short side dogbones. At least that is what other people have gotten.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

thats my only neg thing i can say is the mixed bags were way off you might as well open everything and pour in one pile
Ohioskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I've had 3 dingo kits and I always end up with extra dog bones (that are for the wraith thought) and even got 6 wheels and tires in a kit before, but never missing parts I needed
Bogncrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I have the rear end, driveshafts and lower links assembled so far. Fairly certain I am missing two rod ends because I haven't found any for the last link. That being said there are more unopened bags and untouched trees to go through. Just not holding out hope. Revo ends thread on to the stock links?
Old 06-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #10
In the band for now.

no different when you buy a new car. yes its annoying but you bought / have one of the best crawler rigs out there. just think how bad you would have it if you bought a Red cat or an Exceed. you have a few minor problems that can be easily fixed . Axial has top notch CS. consider yourselff lucky you didnt buy on e of those other pieces of crap , then you would really have something to complain about.

redcat
exceed
the poor mans garbage
lemonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I have the rear end, driveshafts and lower links assembled so far. Fairly certain I am missing two rod ends because I haven't found any for the last link. That being said there are more unopened bags and untouched trees to go through. Just not holding out hope. Revo ends thread on to the stock links?

You must get at least 1 dozen of each style of rod end with the kit, just be patient and LOOK at everything first. I had the wheel base issue with my kit, I just made new rear links and solved the issue myself.

My biggest complaint is the switch from steel pivot balls ( like in the SCX-10 kits) to the plastic injected molded ones, they just don't last very long.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Some rod ends look close to being the same. You might mixed them up. I bought two dingo kits and didn't have any issue expect a couple of instructions be off. New all that before buying. Both went together with any trouble at all. I've heard the same about customer service! Ya just got to realize there was a human boxing it up and mistakes happen. You stand in one to for 8 plus hours doing repetitive work it's gonna happen. I was around that kind of work but instead of boxing wrong, you might have lost a finger or hand. Be glad customer is as good as you say! Good luck and have fun!
juswin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Yeah. I'm not too worried. I'd like to replace all the rod ends eventually anyways. I'm working on assembling as much as I can until the new dog bones come. And they were the right ends. I matched up the tree number. The tree only had six attached.

Edit: Found the rod ends on other trees. Just not labeled right. I now have the truck about as assembled as I'm comfortable doing until my parts get here. Might start to put the body parts together tomorrow if I get bored. Nothing else appears to be missing or misplaced

Last edited by fuzzhead; 06-09-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quick update. Still no parts and I emailed them Thursday night. Got a reply saying they sent them Friday. Running out of patience lol
Old 06-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Quick update. Still no parts and I emailed them Thursday night. Got a reply saying they sent them Friday. Running out of patience lol
Any time I have had an issue with axial stuff I call and politely tell them what's wrong. A couple days later I have parts in my mail box.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Small rant - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
small rant to blow off steam rubiconrockkrawler Chit Chat 8 12-17-2010 06:32 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
My rant GeneralG Chit Chat 1 01-29-2008 11:58 AM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM