Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Options on Spur/Pinion 32 Pitch hopefully but...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Options on Spur/Pinion 32 Pitch hopefully but...

Okay, I have been searching and trying to decide where or what I should look at.

I am runing the Tenkin Brushes FXR with a Pro 55t 2s Lipo

I try to stay in the same battery arena and I have a plethera of 2s 7.4 5000 MAH Batteries. I really dont want to bump up and buy some new batteries but I might have to to weight and size on this rig.

But anyhow, back to the case in hand for those famialer with the SCX10 Tranny's.

Weight in already an issue Im gonna be pushing some heave weight with a lot of scale add ons and mods. I do have the RR gear set coming in for the tranny, but Spur and pinion. WOuld prefer metal and 32P but with the 55T motor I think I will have the Tourque but no speed.

Seeing as how I really dont wasnt to upgrade although I may have to go with a 35T Motor WHat are my Options? on one going 32 Pitch, preferably metal and 2 Size of spur and pinion to give me a little more speed out of the unit?

I will be running MIP's also so size of Spur maked a difference. Still getting the crawler motor geraring etc down.

I expect with the stock set up on 2s I would have a top speed of 5mph? maybe a little more?

Any idea's or help would be appreciated.

Dave
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I run 56/9 32P gears on my 1.9 with a 45t motor and 2s. Its right about walking pace for top speed, crawls really well and has the ability to bump up obstacles if I need too
My rig is probably around 7 or 8 lbs

Sent from a rock
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Options on Spur/Pinion 32 Pitch hopefully but...

i have the duratrax evader 32P spur with a robinson racing pinion,spur is plastic with 56T,and pinion is metal with 14T.but hey the duratrxa spur is only 5$,so if it strips,chrap to replace
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Options on Spur/Pinion 32 Pitch hopefully but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
I run 56/9 32P gears on my 1.9 with a 45t motor and 2s. Its right about walking pace for top speed, crawls really well and has the ability to bump up obstacles if I need too
My rig is probably around 7 or 8 lbs

Sent from a rock
WHat spur/Pinion or you using? who makes it? is it metal or plastic?

If your running that at walking speed my 55t will be SLOW I would imagine with stock Axial Pinion/Spur. I might need to drop the dime on 35 or 45T brushed motor.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Would be easier on your electronics to gear down a faster motor.

I've fit 60/11 32p and a handwound 35t with mip's. The larger spur has landed right in that low spot of the mip's where the hub meets the shaft.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote

Options on Spur/Pinion 32 Pitch hopefully but... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spur/Pinion options ~ Wraith? SwampDawg Formula Offroad 8 07-06-2012 12:01 PM
Pinion / spur options for the AX10 trans Mazlem Kyosho Crawlers 3 10-27-2011 08:46 PM
0.8 metric pitch spur w/pt 32p pinion Drexcl General Crawlers 1 01-11-2011 10:43 PM