Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Figure its time to post up my JK SCX10 Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 07:19 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Figure its time to post up my JK SCX10 Build

Okay been working on this slowly, The body shown will not be the body used but will probably play with it a bit. I am working slowly on a a stock scx10 body that im doing a lot of scale work and lighting with.

Weight was an issue with the Proline scaler shocks the uppers being too soft. But I took the upper spring off the Axial shocks and used those on the Scalers and it supported the load and still has good flex.

Running:
FXR
Tekin 35T
MIP shafts
RR gears in T case
Axial Chubs and High clearance knuckles
Axial Real lockouts
Over drive Axial gearing.
Savox High Speed Unique Steel Gear High Torque servo (416oz Torque and water proof)
Spectrum 301 water restitant, but sealed in a water proof case.
Using a Traxxas Water Proof Case as well as the stock Axial Case elctronics case that I have modified to be water proof as well. (hopefulle stood up for the first test dunk test 10minutes submereged and not water inside.
Battery still a toss up, I have a ton of 2s 500mah hard case batteries, but I may look at some lighter batteries maybe even 3 cell not sure.

But heres what we have so far

DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Figure its time to post up my JK SCX10 Build

what rear bumper is that?
uclabruins89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Figure its time to post up my JK SCX10 Build

It;s the new JK Tough Armor Rear bumper From RC4WD. I hated the way the stock plastic bumper flopper around.

I did have to make some alterations to it. I cut out the tire holder on the Axial plastic one, and the added a plastic hex nut to it using platic weld and then mounted it on the bumper.

I just rave to run some kind of plate over the back and make a battery tray forward of the motor. This is all depending.

I am balancing this rig as I build it. As you see the Servo mount I made for CMS and the heavy servo on the side. I weight th metal and recorded it, the weight the servo and recorded it after I mounted both you can see the weights I added just oposite the servo. right now with the RR gears, MIPs and the stock Axial Tranny Im am at a 50/50 excact balance side to side both front and rear. My next goal in the set up with electronics and battery is for a 60/40 front to rear weight. right now I am at 60/40 but not motor in, now electronics and no battery.

Dave
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote

Figure its time to post up my JK SCX10 Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finished most of my build... Time for a rundown. SCX10/Hilux tommyargh Axial SCX-10 14 07-24-2013 06:24 PM
new thread time to post toddinbr Newbie General 1 08-28-2011 05:37 PM
figure ill post a pic of my body BIG Paint and Body 2 07-29-2009 07:37 PM
If I can Figure out a way to Build it... Rudukai13 Competitions 16 02-23-2008 11:22 AM
time to post it up JohnRobHolmes General Crawlers 34 05-11-2007 02:28 PM