Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New dingo build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #1

Default New dingo build

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Just wanted to share with you guys my new dingo build. The glue I got for the tires didn't go so well, thus is why some of the tires have white stuff on them :(. At any rate I mounted the battery where the stock receiver box was, used a traxxas stampede waterproof box in the back. I mounted the Sidewinder SCT on a jar lid, using the stock receiver box plastic frame mounts and the pre-drilled holes right in front of the rear frame cross member. Its running a 55T axial motor with 22T/87T, probably about a brisk walking speed. I haven't had a chance yet to run it long enough as its been raining here everyday to really check any motor temps. Im thinking about using the stock plastic shorter links for upper links to replace the Y-link/3 link (just need to find a long enough screw for the axle truss). The links are a little long, however they will just change the rear axle angle...which shouldn't really matter. I need more articulation in the back im finding because there is no weight and the front has a huge battery weight. So when one front tire is high on an obstacle, a rear tire comes off the ground causing the truck to lose stability.

Last edited by trivium; 06-22-2013 at 03:15 PM.
trivium is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: New dingo build

I like the color trivium, looks either copper or metallic gold from here.
raceeng18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Definitely a unique color. Great work!
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #4

Thanks guys, yeah its a metallic GOLD. I use to have a 1992 Gold Lexus LS400 and I miss that car, so my girlfriend had bought me the car model version, I used whatever gold I had left over and added some black. Do you guys think the Dingo is modeled after the Mercedes SUV?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=merce...uv%3B640%3B480

anyone see it??

https://www.google.ca/search?q=merce...2F%3B623%3B389

Last edited by trivium; 06-22-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I'm glad to see others running the Dingo body. I really like the color. I'll put in my $.02 in regards to springs. My truck is set up with all the electronics in the front and I find the need to run "super soft" upper and lower springs on all four corners to get full articulation before any tire begins coming off the ground. The kit comes with "super soft" upper springs so you'll just have to get "super soft" lower springs. AX30205 is the part number for a pair of "super soft" lower springs. Looks like its a great start! Best of luck and keep us updated!
rcpilotjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpilotjr View Post
I'm glad to see others running the Dingo body. I really like the color. I'll put in my $.02 in regards to springs. My truck is set up with all the electronics in the front and I find the need to run "super soft" upper and lower springs on all four corners to get full articulation before any tire begins coming off the ground. The kit comes with "super soft" upper springs so you'll just have to get "super soft" lower springs. AX30205 is the part number for a pair of "super soft" lower springs. Looks like its a great start! Best of luck and keep us updated!
Hmm, I've heard somewhere you can empty half of the silicone oil and leave just enough to lube inside. This would most definitely soften the springs, no? Also perhaps I should remove the rubber shock bumpers?
Old 06-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivium View Post
Hmm, I've heard somewhere you can empty half of the silicone oil and leave just enough to lube inside. This would most definitely soften the springs, no? Also perhaps I should remove the rubber shock bumpers?
That would soften them but I don't believe to te level you need. As for the shock bumpers, I believe you're referring to bump stops, those will give extra travel once the suspension is soft enough to get to them.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpilotjr View Post
That would soften them but I don't believe to te level you need. As for the shock bumpers, I believe you're referring to bump stops, those will give extra travel once the suspension is soft enough to get to them.

Yeah but wouldn't it rub on the dingo fenders?? I adjusted the body posts as high as it would go, however if I had more articulation it would rub im sure when fully pushed in.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

With my set up, including cutting the bump stops in half, the stock tires rub about 1/8 inch at top of the flares at the most. That could also be affected by body/flare position. I personally don't believe a little rub ever hurt anything and I rarely find my suspension at full articulation but it's there if all the travel needs to be utilized.

New dingo build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Dingo Build bryco13 Axial SCX-10 15 06-19-2013 07:08 PM
Timelapse of a Dingo build. sbchero Axial SCX-10 9 04-15-2013 06:20 PM
Need help with my Dingo build driftin2crawlin Axial SCX-10 5 04-06-2013 08:10 AM
Next build: Dingo to Honcho ethernectar Axial SCX-10 1 01-13-2013 01:11 PM
Dingo Build up. mwscooters Axial SCX-10 27 10-12-2011 03:27 PM