RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial SCX-10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/)
-   -   Ty's Axial Jeep JK build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/450651-tys-axial-jeep-jk-build.html)

Ty@Tekin 06-25-2013 09:57 AM

Ty's Axial Jeep JK build

1 Attachment(s)
Firstly, I apologize for all the broken photo links! I will work on getting them fixed so this thread isn't just a black hole.

Here's how the JK looks as of now!

Here's the specs:

Axial SCX10
Axial Jeep Brute Custom
Axial Poison Spyder bumpers
Axial HD Transmission Gears
Axial Nitto Trail Grapplers
Vanquish Ti Links
Vanquish Currie F9 Axles
Vanquish 8* Chubs
Vanquish 8* Knuckles
Vanquish VVDs
Vanquish Transmission Case
Vanquish Lockers
Vanquish Rigid Industries 6" LED bar
Vanquish CMS/Panhard
Vanquish Spur Cover
Vanquish Shock Hoops
Vanquish Poison Spyder Sliders
Vanquish 1.9 Methods
Vanquish .475 SLW Hubs
Vanquish Incision 90mm Scale Shocks
Crawler Innovations Lil Nova 450 Dual Stage Foams
MIP Driveshafts
BPC Pull Pal
Gearhead Factor 55 ProLink
3Racing Warn Winch
Mad Dog Warn kit
Jevne Racing Battery/Servo plate
GT Power LED controller
TziWorld Beefy Winch
Tekin B1R
Tekin RX4
Tekin ROC412 3100kV EP
Tekin T-360 Servo

More pics, progress and BS to come!

Ty@Tekin 06-26-2013 08:43 AM

Re: Ty's Axial Jeep JK build

Made a little more progress tonight, test mounted the wheels and tires, front upper link is done and panhard is made, just need a mount on the chassis. It's coming together somewhat nicely as far as snags go, this would be the first one I've hit.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...1f&oe=56A2D6B1

JetBlast 06-26-2013 08:48 AM

Love all the little touches! Is there a big difference in weight distribution mounting the battery sideways vs mounting it in stock config? (length of the truck). I also like your red accents on the bottom end too!

Ty@Tekin 06-26-2013 09:28 AM

I'm not sure on the battery setup yet, but it does put the weight lower than having it on top of the frame rails in the front or back. I think I'm going to cut the plate portion off and just use the battery tray by itself and pickup a different CMS kit.

JetBlast 06-26-2013 09:43 AM

Sounds good! Cant wait to see more build photos. BTW, can you order that Tekin mat off the Tekin site? I need a mat for my work bench.

Brandon 06-26-2013 09:48 AM

Man, just back from Axialfest and already hard at work! Looks good so far "thumbsup"

Ty@Tekin 06-26-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetBlast (Post 4375794)
Sounds good! Cant wait to see more build photos. BTW, can you order that Tekin mat off the Tekin site? I need a mat for my work bench.

You can get custom mats done at www.raceteez.com! He's a local guy to me and makes great pit mats! Tell him Ty sent ya!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon (Post 4375799)
Man, just back from Axialfest and already hard at work! Looks good so far "thumbsup"

Yep haha, I felt bad it didn't get to make the trip so I'm giving it the attention it deserves. Starting on the body while I wait for some parts to finish up the steering and panhard!

JetBlast 06-26-2013 11:07 AM

Ty, I keep reading a lot of random things about panhard bars on threads (searching). What is your take on it and why are you using it? I understand what they do on drag racing cars.

Ty@Tekin 06-26-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetBlast (Post 4375912)
Ty, I keep reading a lot of random things about panhard bars on threads (searching). What is your take on it and why are you using it? I understand what they do on drag racing cars.

When you go chassis mount servo (CMS) you need the 3-link/panhard setup to eliminate axle sway, plus it adds to the scale realism of the rig's appearance. On my other 1.9 I used the HandBros CMS kit and it uses the same setup and a special axle truss with a mount for the panhard bar. On this truck I have the BPC trusses (won them at Axialfest.)

JDCrawler27 06-26-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin (Post 4375923)
When you go chassis mount servo (CMS) you need the 3-link/panhard setup to eliminate axle sway, plus it adds to the scale realism of the rig's appearance. On my other 1.9 I used the HandBros CMS kit and it uses the same setup and a special axle truss with a mount for the panhard bar. On this truck I have the BPC trusses (won them at Axialfest.)

got a link to this BPC company?? id like to check out there products "thumbsup"

Ty@Tekin 06-26-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDCrawler27 (Post 4375924)
got a link to this BPC company?? id like to check out there products "thumbsup"

Here's the site and the products: BPChassis - BPCustom Chassis

Trump1 06-27-2013 11:35 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing your Jeep JK build.

zonkerd 06-27-2013 11:37 AM

OH YAH!! GET TO WORK BRO"thumbsup"

bagged86 06-27-2013 11:39 AM

Looks like you got some goodies on there for sure jeep it up man

JetBlast 06-27-2013 11:59 AM

Ty, I like your mat maker person! He has a lot of cool stuff for sale. I will probably order a mat from him next week. I need to decide what I want on it.

Krawler Konceptz 06-28-2013 06:21 AM

Very nice selection of parts. Looking forward to the progress you make. Keep up the great work "thumbsup"

Rob

Ty@Tekin 06-28-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz (Post 4378211)
Very nice selection of parts. Looking forward to the progress you make. Keep up the great work "thumbsup"

Rob

Thanks! A lot of them have been raffle items from the past year or so lol. I'm at a hold up right now, waiting for the CMS parts and I will be starting on the body sometime soon.

raceeng18 06-28-2013 10:22 AM

I like what you're doing here, I had to trim my axles by a couple of threads to use my Dick Cepek hub caps if you will excuse the term.

Ty@Tekin 07-01-2013 08:34 AM

Started on the body this weekend, didn't get very far since I was watching our daughter while mommy was in Seattle and we picked up a new wakeboard boat, so needless to say, I'm sunburnt and sore from surfing!

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...9b&oe=56A397A5

raceeng18 07-01-2013 08:36 AM

Show the boat.