Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: another motor recommend thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #1

Default another motor recommend thread

I been reading and I don't seem to know what to do. I currently have two AX10's, an SCX10 and a Wraith.

I read the Wraith sticky with motor, gearing, etc. but I'm currently working on the SCX10.

I have been driving around homemade rock trails in my homemade rock trail and my buddy's. I get a kick out of having fast wheel spin so right now I am trying to downsize what I have and properly set the truck up to my style of driving.

I'm looking for advice on how to get my SCX10 to "good speed and ok crawling". So i'm looking for little wheelies on carpet.

I'm currently running the Novak Goat3s with 21.5T but frankly i'm leaning more towards my mamba max pro because i like the castle link feature and i do not like how proprietary Novak is. Also with 3000mah 3S.

My preference is towards brushless for the low maintenance and I don't plan to play in water or mud. But if there is a brushed motor with fast wheel speed i'm game.
jdmitrswapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: another motor recommend thread

I run a Tekin 35t on 3s I can pull wheelies from a standstill and when rolling slow. I am running a 2 speed tranny though which makes the crawling awesome
Demodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demodude View Post
I run a Tekin 35t on 3s I can pull wheelies from a standstill and when rolling slow. I am running a 2 speed tranny though which makes the crawling awesome
I didn't think a 35t would do that. What's your gearing? And that's brushless right?

Im going to search that transmission.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
jdmitrswapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Default Re: another motor recommend thread

Tekin 35t is brushed. Wheelies are due to the torque/power on 3s. I think a 2 speed transmission would suit you as stated above, good speed when needed and still good for crawling. I plan to have one one day.
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote

another motor recommend thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Motor Construction Thread aka What Motor should I Get? JohnRobHolmes Electronics 65 09-08-2016 03:45 PM
recommend a decent motor for me dirtymike Electronics 9 10-25-2012 11:34 PM
Bully motor Thread Kraqa RC4WD Bully 43 09-03-2012 08:13 AM
ya I know, another ESC/motor thread kodiak ak Team Losi Comp Crawler 10 07-15-2010 09:19 PM