RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial SCX-10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/)
-   -   couple scx10 Qs... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/452391-couple-scx10-qs.html)

rspicko 07-08-2013 09:38 AM

couple scx10 Qs...

SO I bought a used scx10 - have been enjoying it a lot. I'm going to paint/built a new rubicon body because the body I got was pretty beat.

The original owner had moved the battery forward which seems like a good idea. The rig still seems a bit tippy to me though. Maybe I just turn too fast :-)

Q1) Any more tips on stability? Wheel weights? Offset Wheels for wider stance?

Drive train is stock except for aluminum rods/shafts.

Q2) Dumb Q, but what are the headlight buckets for with the new body? If you're just putting a decal on, what are they for? Current body doesy not have them.

Q3) Going on vacation - what one or two spare parts should I take just in case?

I'd like to do some waterproofing before I go and will read up on that. Also have new LiPos and charger so should be good there.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Trentenowns 07-08-2013 09:41 AM

I reccomend a spur gear for a spare part..I always seem to strip that lol

boohoo 07-08-2013 09:53 AM

Re: couple scx10 Qs...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rspicko (Post 4390325)
SO I bought a used scx10 - have been enjoying it a lot. I'm going to paint/built a new rubicon body because the body I got was pretty beat.

The original owner had moved the battery forward which seems like a good idea. The rig still seems a bit tippy to me though. Maybe I just turn too fast :-)

Q1) Any more tips on stability? Wheel weights? Offset Wheels for wider stance?

Drive train is stock except for aluminum rods/shafts.

Q2) Dumb Q, but what are the headlight buckets for with the new body? If you're just putting a decal on, what are they for? Current body doesy not have them.

Q3) Going on vacation - what one or two spare parts should I take just in case?

I'd like to do some waterproofing before I go and will read up on that. Also have new LiPos and charger so should be good there.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

q1. you can add some weiights to the wheels if its not been done yet its usually twice the amount to the front so if you have 6oz in the front put 3oz in the rear it wil help alot

q2. the light buckets are for if you want to run lights on your body not all body`s have that function with the buckets but most axial body`s do like the honcho`s do

q3 what spares. spur gears drive-shafts esc and a servo is what i carry with me at all times as you never know what will happen

rspicko 07-08-2013 10:50 AM

Thanks for the quick replies! When I was running my nitro savage, I pretty much carried everything to build another truck... lol. At least the scx10 doesn't hit stationary objects as fast. ;-)

Ty@Tekin 07-08-2013 11:10 AM

Spare spur gear, driveshaft, driveshaft set screws and link ends (if it's running aluminum links) and a small box of hardware are always good to have on hand.

MattyJ603 07-08-2013 06:03 PM

Screw box. Just screws for random happenings. I've been on the trail and knuckles plop off and etc. Screws and allens if your not going hard.

theloudone 07-08-2013 06:06 PM

bring extra grub screws for your driveshafts, some loctite, and tools