Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Work in on a new Wroncho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Work in on a new Wroncho

So I built a Wroncho a couple years ago and sold it. Ever since I sold it I've wanted it back. So now I'm working on another. I have everything done except I have to build some upper links to clear the driveshaft or try something different. Has anyone come up with the best way to clear the driveshaft now? Last time I just bent them to clear it. I have the trans mirrored to line up with the diff inputs, I just gotta figure out how I'm going to do it this time. Well here it is.
Tmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Work in on a new Wroncho

ive seen people only do cms with pan hard
Ohioskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

There are several ways around this. You can search for a wroncho build on here by Mechanic. He did a way that I tried and found works well unless you put a lot of power (brushless) into it and start jumping off cliffs lol.
Another is to make shorter links for the top that attach in the frame an inch or so away from the original location. I have these on the front axle of my Wringo and it works quite well.
The other effective way is to make plate (al or steel) that mounts along side the frame rail and allows you to mount the upper links above the chassis. This more closely simulates a wraith mounting setup.

Another one I almost forgot is to install a wraith skid plate. Them you have all the links ready to go. The frame rails take some modification and bending to make this work but its been done plenty.

Dna
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna4engr View Post
There are several ways around this. You can search for a wroncho build on here by Mechanic. He did a way that I tried and found works well unless you put a lot of power (brushless) into it and start jumping off cliffs lol.
Another is to make shorter links for the top that attach in the frame an inch or so away from the original location. I have these on the front axle of my Wringo and it works quite well.
The other effective way is to make plate (al or steel) that mounts along side the frame rail and allows you to mount the upper links above the chassis. This more closely simulates a wraith mounting setup.

Another one I almost forgot is to install a wraith skid plate. Them you have all the links ready to go. The frame rails take some modification and bending to make this work but its been done plenty.

Dna
I was thinking of trying the plates on the side of the chassis. I think I'll do that. I'll post it up when its underway. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

All u need is a slightly longer upper link. Put a bend upward and outward at the point which it Will contact the driveshaft. I get rubbing only at maximum flex. I do run the Mip shafts and the skinny ends give you more clearance too. I have the rc4wd tranny in line withe the pumpkins as well.
Demodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demodude View Post
All u need is a slightly longer upper link. Put a bend upward and outward at the point which it Will contact the driveshaft. I get rubbing only at maximum flex. I do run the Mip shafts and the skinny ends give you more clearance too. I have the rc4wd tranny in line withe the pumpkins as well.
That's the way I did it on my last Wroncho and it worked well. Im just thing of trying something different this time. There is a lot of people doing it a lot of different ways since I did my first one.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #7

this is what i have done. the only thing i have added thats not in the picture is i bolted the upper links at the chassis side into threaded rod. so they are tied together. i had bent the upper tabs when rolling it once. used the stock links. just changed lower rod ends to 45's.
next one i plan on making new frame rails out of aluminum and have these plates just built into the frame. plan on trying it with 1/8 x 1 1/2 flat aluminum.

DGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuy View Post
this is what i have done. the only thing i have added thats not in the picture is i bolted the upper links at the chassis side into threaded rod. so they are tied together. i had bent the upper tabs when rolling it once. used the stock links. just changed lower rod ends to 45's.
next one i plan on making new frame rails out of aluminum and have these plates just built into the frame. plan on trying it with 1/8 x 1 1/2 flat aluminum.

Very nice! That's what I'm going to do. I just found a nice piece of 1/8" aluminum at work so I'm gonna start work on the plates tonight.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #9

next week i will work on mine and start a thread about it. i will not be home until monday so i can not take a picture of it.
DGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I used a GCM Racing SCX10 front mount conversion on my Wroncho... Zero driveshaft clearance issues and NO driveline binding. Trust me, I've gone through all the same issues and headaches that all of us have had.lol.

I have added the centered rear RC4WD and a panhard bar for my CMS. I will start a build thread for it tomorrow called Wroncho Punisher.

Wroncho Punisher..

Last edited by WraithVader; 07-19-2013 at 07:15 PM.
WraithVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

That's really cool. Looking forward to reading the build thread.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Well here's the prototype. Had to make some adjustments, I had to move the upper links a little higher. They were rubbing the driveshafts just a little at full compression. Now it works perfect. So now I'm gonna use these as templates and make some really nice ones.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Well here it is with the new link setup. All I have to do now is take them off and shape them and file some nice edges on them then paint them black. Don't mind my electronics layout. I just slapped them on to test out my new axles. It seems to flex really well and is a lot more stable now.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Snapped a couple pics in the woods today.

Work in on a new Wroncho - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 Wroncho. My way. JasonInAugusta 1.9 Scale Rigs 52 07-14-2013 03:57 PM
Work with Wroncho? Carolina Scaler Axial SCX-10 1 06-13-2013 11:18 PM
wroncho nuckle Testing 1 2 3 1 11-10-2012 06:11 PM
My Wroncho... Tmaxxed Axial SCX-10 6 02-29-2012 10:07 PM