Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: my f-250 super doodie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default my f-250 super doodie

i recently traded with Tncrawler for a honcho roller he had. It had the basic mods/upgrades most would do. here's a quick rundown of what it has on it now..

mip shafts
rrp output gear in tranny
delrin lower links
aluminum steering links
aluminum knuckles
3racing winch/heyok winch controller and a rolandrockshop winchline kit
hitec 5645mg servo
mmp esc with a cc 10a bec (set to 6.5v)
trinity epic D3 13.5t sensored brushless motor
proline ford f-250 cab/honcho rear bed
dinky r/c honcho interior
1.9 axial wheels with r35 trepadors and mthead rings

that's it for now..i'll add more as i upgrade it..on to some pics..
here's what it looks like now.. waiting on the treps and axial wheels..

i mounted the winch to the top of the bumper mounts..

the body goes right up to where the bumper starts..so there's some room in between the winch and body. and the mounting holes for the winch are exactly the same width as the bumper mounting holes..worked out perfect..

i drilled a hole in the center of the bumper, and glued a piece of antennae tube in it for my winchline to run through..

i got my winchline kit and the delrin fairlead from Josh at Rolandrockshop

that's all for tonight...more pics on the interior and other parts of what i've done to it tomorrow
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: my f-250 super doodie

this truck came with a dingo bumper that had been cut. so one of the first things i had planned was to fill the sides in..

i had some material laying around that matched perfect with the texture of the dingo bumper..i cut the pieces to shape and attached them..

then i got this dinky r/c interior from another forum member..it was already painted and i didn't mind the colors at all..so i began to assemble and trim it up..

here's some shots of it installed..it fits pretty good..just a small gap up under the windshield in front..

and here is a pic showing the gap up under the windshield..can't be noticed unless you look in like i id for the picture.. my plan is to get some weather stripping foam, and place it in the gap..should seal and fill it nicely..

and here's my electronics lay out..nothing permanent..but it works for now..

and my motor...

that's it for today.. i'll post a pic of the wheels and tires when they arrive and get mounted up..thanks for looking..
Old 07-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #3

Sweet looking truck, im thinking about buying a winch but was just wondering if the winch will work with the stock radio that comes with the honcho?
gannon505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

got my wheels and tires from Tncrawler !! mounted them up..

Old 07-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

you said doodie....
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

looks good in silver! I decided to go with a dual paint job on mine.

JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
KMW
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gannon505 View Post
Sweet looking truck, im thinking about buying a winch but was just wondering if the winch will work with the stock radio that comes with the honcho?

The stock radio is only a two channel. I think the only way to do it would be to hook it into your steering with a switch. Then you would use the steering wheel to control it and switch between steering or winch.

I use the Bulldog winch with the fob for now. Eventually I'll get a radio with more channels and then get a controller.
KMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

The cab came painted when I got it.. I was thinking of spraying the bottom part of the doors and curve around the fender with some textured black.. to appear as if it were lined with something. But not sure on that yet... I'm also gettong some crawler innovations foams for my trepadors..I really like these tires, they were on my unimog and worked very well...
Old 07-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I like your interior, the weather strip should work well between the dash and wind shield. I'm using a 3racing winch and an RC4WD wireless remote, just change/splice the plug that goes from the winch to the wireless controller.
raceeng18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:12 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceeng18 View Post
I'm using a 3racing winch and an RC4WD wireless remote, just change/splice the plug that goes from the winch to the wireless controller.
How's that working out...the guy I knew who had one always seemed to have to be kinda close to operate his woth the key fob controller. What are you powering your winch off?
Old 08-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Been a little while, not alot of changes.. I got some axial cvd's for the front axle, and got a tighter turning radius.. I'm in the process of trading the mmp/13.5t for a Holmes Hobbies brxl/35t combo..the more I drove it I realized I didn't need the crazy speed out of the brushless setup..and I figured the brushed motor could handle the water/mud I may encounter at our upcoming G6... I did trim more of the bottom of my interior so I could relocate my battery where my esc/rx was...also got that plate lowered down about 1/4" ..now I'm racking my brain trying to decide where to put my esc/rx...I'm thinking possibly on top of each slider, esc on one side and rx on the other..I'm thinking of grabbing the vanquish products slider mounts and the electronic plate that they have that mounts to them.. I've got enough clearance under the interior for them to fit...but it seems I'm never happy with where I put things..haha..I'll get some more pics up when I get the new esc/motor.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

truck looks good...love that F250 body
pvo_srt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

thanks , it's coming along.. my pro line powerstroke scale shocks came in the other day.. so i got them mounted up. i like the look and stance they gave it.. it sits just a little bit lower..hardly noticeable to most.. but i like it..

that's it for now.. when my esc/motor comes n i'll get to work finding a spot to mount it.. i'm gonna be looking for some stuff to waterproof the esc/rx this weekend and i'll be picking up some things to get my g6 scale items made up..
Old 08-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Haha, you said doodie!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
mitchr97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

So I got my hh brxl and motor the other day..and It's the waterproof version..so that was a plus, and I picked up some acrylic conformal coating in a spray can... I used it on my futaba rx and my sons spektrum rx tonight. I'll test them tomorrow. But here is a pic of mine with 4 coats on it.
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

here's a short video of my futaba rx i'm using for this truck. i applied 4 coats of acrylic conformal coating to it..

Futaba 4pl waterproofed receiver. - YouTube
Old 09-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

i recently ordered a Crawler-Dad 2" version2 led light bar. to help me get through the night stage of our upcoming Swine Swagger G6. i received it saturday but wasn't able to try it out till sunday. upon trying it out i relized only 3 of the 6 leds were working..here's a shot on 7.4v (11.1 blinded me even with only 3 leds lit up )

i got ahold of Crawler-Dad and we worked it out and i shouls soon have a new strip to put in my housing. but in the meantime i managed to get the housing mounted..here's some shots of that...don't mind the crooked looking body..lol..

once i get my new led strip and hook it up i'll get some pics in the dark...very excited to see how bright it is with all 6 leds lit up !!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Im digging the light bar on the bumper man, it just "fits" that truck.
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtbham View Post
Im digging the light bar on the bumper man, it just "fits" that truck.
Thanks, I love how compact it is and can be mounted almost anywhere..can't wait for the new strip to show up so I can hook it up!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Got my new led strip today! Cannot be happier with the help and service I received from Marc at Crawler-Dad leds... I'll get some night time pics later...

Name:  ForumRunner_20130919_172519.jpg
Views: 6193
Size:  61.3 KB

my f-250 super doodie - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
- Project: F-250 Super Duty - Dr. Kustom Micro Scale Rigs 22 04-25-2012 09:03 PM
F-250 super duty RoadKing Paint and Body 2 06-10-2010 07:55 PM
Super-Duty F-250 RoadKing Chit Chat 5 07-11-2009 08:59 AM
Pro-Line Ford F-250 Super Cab NoblesvilleKid Paint and Body 21 02-25-2008 11:26 AM