Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Input on traveling with Scx 10 Wrangler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Input on traveling with Scx 10 Wrangler

Just getting into scale crawlers, with a kit built Scx 10 Wrangler. I spend about 40% of my life on the road traveling overseas. To stay out of trouble I have been taking a mini-summit with me to play in local parks, hotel rock gardens, etc. kind of a cool way to discover a new place. Most of my travel is in Asia.

I have always taken my rigs through carry on in a backpack. With the new addition being a bit larger, I need input on how you guys travel with a scale rig when flying.

I love my rig and really excited about the rc hobby again.
AdventureIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #2

Madskinz makes a carrying case that is pretty cheap... heres the link

http://madskinzrc.com/index.php?id_p...duct&id_lang=1

Constantly updated from my Iphone using Tapatalk forum App
-Mobsteel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks! I just ordered some stuff from them and noticed those...will check kt out
Old 08-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Input on traveling with Scx 10 Wrangler

I took mine to California last year in a carry on. Went through with no problems. Just make sure you take the batteries out and have them in a seperate compartment. Easiest way I found was just take the wheels off and stack them up in one corner of the carry on. Hope this helps.
JDeezie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
PapaGriz Yo

Carry-on bag for me too. Stuffed my shirts, socks, and underwear all around it.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeezie82 View Post
I took mine to California last year in a carry on. Went through with no problems. Just make sure you take the batteries out and have them in a seperate compartment. Easiest way I found was just take the wheels off and stack them up in one corner of the carry on. Hope this helps.
Had not thought about the wheels...good idea. I have always gone through with batteries in (traxxas summit has two spots) but will try that next time through.

As far as tools, since I can't do carry on, I have a few sets around the globe in various offices I work in....(and one hotel keeps a charger and tool kit for me....its in my room when I check in
Old 08-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
PapaGriz Yo

The TSA rules state that LiPo batteries must be individually wrapped and have the connectors taped.
I wrapped electrical tape on the connector ends, put each battery in a small ziplock bag, and then put them all in a ziplock freezer bag for easy removal for inspection.

Safe Travel with Batteries and Devices | Transportation Security Administration

That's the technical rule I found, if you have just had them in the truck and have not had trouble then good for you. They inspected mine after I told them I had batteries.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
The TSA rules state that LiPo batteries must be individually wrapped and have the connectors taped.
I wrapped electrical tape on the connector ends, put each battery in a small ziplock bag, and then put them all in a ziplock freezer bag for easy removal for inspection.

That's the technical rule I found, if you have just had them in the truck and have not had trouble then good for you. They inspected mine after I told them I had batteries.
Same way I pack mine up.
Wildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post

Good to know on the lipo's....did not know that...I usually travel with the nimh's in the past and going to switch to lipo....saves me a ton of trouble...thanks!

Input on traveling with Scx 10 Wrangler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Project nissan_driver24 Axial SCX-10 407 02-25-2015 08:41 AM
AXIAL SCX-10 2012 Jeep Wrangler Mind Of Its Own... decontrol Newbie General 12 10-03-2013 06:22 PM
2Door Wrangler Unlimited SCX-10 body LJ(Josh) Axial SCX-10 2 06-17-2011 11:59 PM