Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Finally put the Dingo together ? about shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Finally put the Dingo together ? about shocks

I followed the instruction, installed the shocks bump stop. Took it for a ride; looks like not articulate enough ( most newbies want to see ); so google.... Ok took out the bump stosp....... Realize the shock cant compressed all in to the bottom. So, i decided to take some shock oil out. Still cant. Sure if i press it by my hands, yes it can. But if i set a beer can say to raise one wheel up; this wheel/shock wont all in.
??? Time. >>> Are the shocks too stiff; what to modify or improve such as lighter shock oil? Or, thats normal. Thanks
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Finally put the Dingo together ? about shocks

All four feel the same?

Are you using both sets of springs for dual rate? you could be at partial droop and not allowing for compression.

Are they that stiff when they are not on the truck?
If not, check your upper links for the proper length. There are several sizes in the kit.

If they still feel like that when they are not on the truck tear them apart and rebuild them, cause something is wrong. If you take the springs off you should be able to move the piston, should feel nice and smooth. Check to make sure the O rings are seated properly. Prior to filling the shock with oil you should be able to freely move the piston in the shock housing. . After you fill it with shock oil slowly move the piston up and down to get the air bubbles out. I usually leave a small divot in the top of the shock oil. Otherwise if you fill it to the very top, The shock will bind.

Hope this helps!
Tire for Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Finally put the Dingo together ? about shocks

Build them with the shock shaft half way in so the pressure is more neutral. Also check out this thread if you want to get the most out of them that you can: Tech Thread -- SCX10 shocks
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Finally put the Dingo together ? about shocks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
an old thing put to use...FINALLY (yota truggy) blakeski 1.9 Scale Rigs 17 10-23-2009 11:24 AM
Finally put a videos page on my site. JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 4 11-01-2005 02:40 PM
Finally put some woofers in the Eclipse JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 4 10-10-2004 02:06 PM
finally put a lid and cleaned up the truck kevinlongisland General Crawlers 13 08-02-2004 07:26 PM