Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Shocks and more flex? + Batteries?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Shocks and more flex? + Batteries?

Okay my build is 99% done well its actually 100% done but I am trying to figure a battery type and size that I can mount on each side of the sliders of the rig instead of the back.

I was looking at
TowerHobbies.com | Associated WolfPack LiPo 2S 7.4V 4800mAh 25C Saddle

1 pack on each side may still go that way. Looks like it might work.

But right now Im a heavy beast, running PL Powerstroke scalers at 95mm and the rig sits pretty compressed. But I am just not happy with flex, I am being limited by the travel of my shocks not anything else.

IF I got to a 110MM shock, its going to raise the righ height and shorten the wheel base b y pulling in the axles, I may be able to off center the Shocks to comensate this, Or I even thought of running thes but upside down Axial SCX10 Honcho Dingo | Chassis Lift Kit | Scale RC Crawler truck parts. [SCX-06 HDLK] - $16.00

I was thinkinking on the King shocks from RC4wd. But I am open to any suggestions of getting more flex out of the rig, again the lex I am getting now is being limited by shock travel so I would need longer travel shocks.

Anyone do anything different or any ideas? Appreciate any help I have been racking my brain and searching the web trying to figure this out.

Dave
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Shocks and more flex? + Batteries?

Those lift brackets are a great buy and you can use them in a few ways, although the way I have them mounted the aluminum holes barely do not line up with the shock adjustment holes on the hoop. I have put HPI Blitz rear 105mm shocks on the front and rear, I like this amount travel more than I did HR's 110's. Laying the shock down with the brackets is what you need to do with tall shocks like these.

You can force it though

Yes it increases flex

Last edited by BuhBoombuh; 08-09-2013 at 11:30 PM.
BuhBoombuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thats what I am looking for!

Sweet,

So you run the HPI Blitz? good travel and no cearlance issues? The PL Scalers are nice but there is just NO travel on my rig and its aon the heavy sice with a CMX Savox Unigue Steel Gear Heavy Torque (424oz) and then I am running front and rear Full steal bumpers Posion Spinder winch with the bully dog (POS) or I got a bad one. Basically on the PL scalers in stock sitting position Im are over 1/4 inch compression and the Pl scalers only give you 1" of travel.

SO Im looking for something that will take a heavy rig and give me more travel.

Hence the shock question. WOrse case if the blitz sprins are soft maybe they have a harder spring. Im running 30 weight oil in them currently.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

For the shocks, things like BuhBoombuh's suggestion do increase flex, but take away from the scale trail truckness of the scx-10 platform in my opinion.

As for the battery, why not just put it up front? You will have better uphill climbing with it in that position.
BadRockNoCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I worked with the Battery up front but with my CMS plate and servo I was hitting the 2s solid packs with the tires. Right not I am running exactly 50/50 ratio weight side to side, and 55/45 front to rear.

Im going to go with saddle packs and put them on my metal rals when I build my pan, wont be in the front but will be closer I did some weight test and It put me at close to 70/30 wth no clearance issues.

Can figure out why people thing int eliminates scale? My old 1/1 rig did have vertical shocks in the front my the rear where angled outwards but that was a custom rear set up using Nth degree spring relocaters etc.

And worse case I can still use tho hangers just flip em up vs down or sideways and put my shocks a little higher If I can get the same travel, or extend the rod ends to keep the wheels in line whith the increased height.

I just have to get the right rod ends for the front and rear includind traingulating the front.

Shocks and more flex? + Batteries? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shocks and flex neil_se G-Made Crawlers 10 09-27-2010 10:24 AM
Best E-maxx shocks for flex? crawlmaxx Traxxas Crawlers 3 08-10-2004 07:24 PM