Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Tbh2014 Scx10 JK JEEP (preprinted) *easy* DIY headlight mod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 01:31 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Tbh2014 Scx10 JK JEEP (preprinted) *easy* DIY headlight mod

Hey everyone,

So I figured I've been seeing so many jeeps around lately & trying to find some info on simple mods. I'd thought I'd do a write up for a east DIY project if you want more realistic looking headlights on your jeep build.

Basically all you gotta do is pick up axials headlight bucket kit or axials 5 light universal light bar. Take the headlights clear lens out and lightly glue em in! I had bought the light bar kit, so I had to drill 2 alignment holes for each side and glue em in! Makes it look 100% better and gets rid of the toy look stickers.

if you have a preprinted body like me this is so simple. If you wanna add actuall headlights simple drill alignment holes. Drill centre hole for light to come threw but make sure it's not bigger than the diameter of the alignment holes or you'll wreck the placement of the clearlens, after holes drilled take a headlight bucket out of your kit and glue it on the inside of the body then put dabs of glue on alignment holes and press lens . Next add led, power up and you have a simple mod for your scx10 jeep preprinted body!

Here's the end result

tbh2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tbh2014 Scx10 JK JEEP (preprinted) *easy* DIY headlight mod - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cheep easy mini crawler course DIY PubCrawl Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 26 10-20-2016 07:25 AM
Tbh2014 jeep rubicon build tbh2014 General Scale Talk 10 11-27-2013 10:03 AM
Making DIY links, but all you can find is coated brake line? Easy fix with a Dremel! iamsuperbleeder Tools, and Procedures 7 08-14-2011 01:34 PM