Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: dragginbody's First SCX10 Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #1

Default dragginbody's First SCX10 Build

I've been perusing around the forums for quite a while now and finally dropped some coin on my first SCX10! I had purchased an AX-10 based crawler from a friend last year and used the TCS X-Trail conversion kit to make it a 2.2 scaler, but was not happy with the results. Nothing against the conversion kit, but I decided to go in a different direction and start with a new SCX10. I will be carrying over some of the parts and pieces from this rig such as electronics and some odds and ends that are upgrades over the stock/kit SCX10. I chose the Dingo kit for the SCX10's scalability, the wealth of knowledge here, and lastly, price.

Electronics: (Motor and Servo came with the crawler.)
Low Bucks Racing 55t crawler motor (Holmes Hobbies ordered)
Mamba Max Pro - Waterproofed, (BEC ordered)
Spektrum SR300RX(bound to my DX3r Pro - Waterproofed
Generic Servo - waterproofed.

I was unfortunate to receive on of the Dingo kits without beadlock wheels (I thought I read that the newer versions came with beadlocks, maybe I'm wrong) so I'm already looking at my options there. My other option is the 2.2 aluminum wheels that came with the crawler which were from a Berg I understand but I'd like to keep this as a 1.9. I'm sure once I get my star back and can access the classifieds I'll find something.

The cralwer also came with a DNA dig unit and metal gears in the AX10 tranny but I'm debating their use in the SCX10.

I'll get you guys some pics of everything, but in the meantime if you have any comments or suggestions of anything to look for, please let me know.

Last edited by dragginbody; 09-17-2013 at 11:54 AM.
dragginbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #2

Default Re: dragginbody's First SCX10 Build

I don't think any of the SCX10's come with beadlocks out of the box. I think they are all Walker Evans racing wheels. Look at the product page:
Axial Racing - Axial SCX10 Dingo 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - Kit

I think it was the legacy kits that came with the Axial beadlocks.
maraudriii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maraudriii View Post
I don't think any of the SCX10's come with beadlocks out of the box. I think they are all Walker Evans racing wheels. Look at the product page:
Axial Racing - Axial SCX10 Dingo 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - Kit

I think it was the legacy kits that came with the Axial beadlocks.
That sounds plausible. I was hoping I would luck into a pair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkyoda View Post
nice. cant wait to see some pics going.
Thanks, I should have a few tonight.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #4

OK, so I had a chance to work on the truck yesterday. Nothing really to note other than to say I opened up the bags to begin the early stages of assembly. The first steps include assembling the axles, during which I noticed while reading the assembly step for the front axles that I could use the Scorpion CVDs. That got me to thinking, "Could I use the Scorpion axles that are part of the crawler I purchased last year and already assembled?" They already have the upgraded steering knuckles as well and from what I can tell initially, it appears I can. I'm still trying to decide what wheels to purchase as I'd prefer to have beadlocks. My LHS has a few different RC4WD 1.9" wheels in stock, so I may see what they have. Hopefully my next update will be some assembly and something worth snapping some pictures.

Last edited by dragginbody; 09-20-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody View Post
OK, so I had a chance to work on the truck yesterday. Nothing really to note other than to say I opened up the bags to begin the early stages of assembly. The first steps include assembling the axles, during which I noticed while reading the assembly step for the front axles that I could use the Scorpion CVDs. That got me to thinking, "Could I use the Scorpion axles that are part of the crawler I purchased last year and already assembled?" They already have the upgraded steering knuckles as well and from what I can tell initially, it appears I can. I'm still trying to decide what wheels to purchase as I'd prefer to have beadlocks. My LHS has a few different RC4WD 1.9" wheels in stock, so I may see what they have. Hopefully my next update will be some assembly and something worth snapping some pictures.
Yes you can use the Scorpion axles, they are the same.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote

dragginbody's First SCX10 Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My scx10 jk build LPR_yeep Axial SCX-10 21 07-26-2013 07:26 PM
On-going build MY SCX10 téosrc Axial SCX-10 13 04-28-2013 12:06 AM
What to get for an scx10 build? SCALER14 1.9 Scale Rigs 3 12-13-2012 07:10 PM
Pinchflat's SCX10 "WTF am I going to build" Build. PinchFlat Axial SCX-10 99 10-09-2012 12:59 PM
SCX10 Build..... BOWTIE Axial SCX-10 37 12-12-2009 08:24 AM