Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Yet another build thread, but I'm looking for advice :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Yet another build thread, but I'm looking for advice :)

Bought my first axial scx10 honcho 3 weeks ago and I have had plenty of nitro and electric cars, stadium trucks but nothing compares to scale crawlers. I ran it out of the box with a venom 3000 nimh battery. I will and I repeat never use venom batteries again. I only bought the battery and a onyx 100 battery because I was new and didn't know what was best yet. One had a dead cell returned it and got another one because I was only getting 10-15 minutes run time out of them.
Couldn't resist getting a proline cherokee body, considering i sold my 1:1 couple weeks prior.
Same day I bought CMS, alum 4 link, alum steering links and knuckles, and axial plastic bumper (going metal soon)
Went to show me scalers group gtg and had to use 2 venom 3000 batteries just to get up the FIRST hill pretty depressing. So I got on the hunt for lipos, traded my tablet I didn't use anymore for 2 lipos and balance charger. Reedy 526-S, trakpower 5600mah and wolf pack 3000. Very happy to get an hour + on both packs. Any body else use these batteries and how does the charger hold up?
Anyway got a little tired of throwing dirt and rocks into my electronics and motor etc so I made some fender wells, got the idea off here. And also "tinted" the windows with nite shade for cars. Got some liquid plasti dip and sealed up the esc and marine greased the axles.
Here's how it sits now with the spring stoppers off too

Next step is to finish my trailer and get my hitch I ordered. Any suggestions and comments or tricks and tips LET ME KNOW I'm all ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Jfrisch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Yet another build thread, but I'm looking for advice :) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dual Dingo build thread-My first build thread juswin24 Axial SCX-10 205 09-19-2013 12:42 PM
build advice profluxer4life Axial XR10 12 11-27-2012 09:05 AM
first build ....need advice YelloTJ 2.2 Scale Rigs 61 02-04-2011 09:10 AM
not really a build thread more of a upgrade thread... dragit Axial AX-10 Scorpion 16 07-02-2009 10:11 PM
Build Advice pigeonfarmboy Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 13 02-26-2006 01:54 AM