Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Installing Axial Basic Light Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #1

Default Installing Axial Basic Light Kit

Ok, I did a search and didn't pull up anything specific to the basic Axial light kit... I'm sure it's on the forum somewhere, but must be buried somewhere...

So.... I'm a new SCX10 Rubicon RTR owner and just bought the basic light kit (4 white front, 2 red rear). It appears you just plug in the lights, but I want to make sure so I don't burn anything up...

also, do you guys just use CA to glue the LEDs in, or???

Thanks,
Chris
Fourflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Installing Axial Basic Light Kit

You have lots of options Chris. Yeah, the unit is basically plug and play. I don't have a Rubicon, but my Son-in-law does. I think there are two holes in the bumpers front and back that you can stick the LEDs in. Axial makes little keeper thingies that screw onto the back of their light buckets that hold the LEDs in. I don't know if you get those in a parts bag like you do with the Wraith.

I'd look for some of those or find some other method to mount them so they can be replaced or changed later if you want. But, that's just me.
stopmojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:02 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourflys View Post
Ok, I did a search and didn't pull up anything specific to the basic Axial light kit... I'm sure it's on the forum somewhere, but must be buried somewhere...

So.... I'm a new SCX10 Rubicon RTR owner and just bought the basic light kit (4 white front, 2 red rear). It appears you just plug in the lights, but I want to make sure so I don't burn anything up...

Thanks,
Chris
yes you just plug it in and go...as for holding the lights in your kit should have come with some extra parts

the little hook things screw behind your light bucket to hold the leds in place, they look like the ones in the middle of this parts tree

here is my Jeep with them installed and more lights that i really need

Last edited by pvo_srt4; 09-30-2013 at 06:06 AM.
pvo_srt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourflys View Post

Thanks,
Chris
I'm actually running the axial light kit on a HPI Nitro savage. Needless to say, I had to mount the buckets in really protected spots because it is a basher. The electonics, yes, just plug and play. As stated above, the clips mount behind the buckets to hold the LED wires in place.
eastside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Consider putting a switch between the led board and esc, or alternate battery connection. On mine it is in the red balloon with the led board because it was not a waterproof switch...
therealrsr is offline   Reply With Quote

Installing Axial Basic Light Kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial light kit not working? aircruiser Electronics 2 03-10-2013 03:29 PM
axial exo light kit? NEW YORK BOY Non Crawler RC's 7 02-01-2012 10:33 PM