Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: P3 AsiaTees Hobbies Castor Block,Lock-out and Dog Bones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #1

Default P3 AsiaTees Hobbies Castor Block,Lock-out and Dog Bones

Hey guys this is Pete with Petet's Twited Metal Custom RC Garage. We will be working with the front and rear axels today and installing theses parts.
TopCad Aluminum Rear Axle Lock-out Version 2 For Honcho & Dingo #22412bk

TopCad Aluminum Castor Block Version 2 For Honcho & Dingo Black (2) #22411bk

Axial SCX10 Heavy Duty Front Universal Shafts For Honcho & Dingo Black TopCad #22405

So now leets begin with the rear and removed the old plastic ones first
o ya its a little dirty. If it's not dirty your not playing with it hard enough lol. So now lets install the new one now TopCad Aluminum Rear Axle Lock-out Version 2 For Honcho & Dingo #22412bk. But before you install it you might want to put some marine grease in the axles is you plan on playing in the water. Since I play alot in the water mine are done already and now my lock-out is installed
Nice and clean and shinny but not for long untill it see the drind of the trails.
Now let move to the front and get down and dirty and install TopCad Aluminum Castor Block Version 2 For Honcho & Dingo Black (2) #22411bk
and the Axial SCX10 Heavy Duty Front Universal Shafts For Honcho & Dingo Black TopCad #22405

And check it out my 4 stooges desided to help me.

So I removed the wheels and old plastic parts and stock dogbones.

Again if you plan on playing in the water use Marine Grease before you install your dog bones or take apart your axles and grease the gears as well. Now that all my axles are greased already its time to start putting everything back together. But make sure to clean your bearings before installing them on you dog bones and CHubs.

Now that both sides are done I think its time to the stoogies out for a little trail ride and test out everything. Now you might be saying how can you test out the rear lock-out. And ya you might be right but they look better then the stock plastic ones and they will hold up alot better then them as well.

Stay tuned to part 4 because we are going to be working on getting
TopCad Aluminum Steering Block & Linkage Version 2 For Honcho & Dingo #22403bk
and TopCad Aluminum F & R Skid Plate For SCX-10 Complete Axle #22476bk
And thanks for check this project out and stay tuned for more to come.
palvey83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: P3 AsiaTees Hobbies Castor Block,Lock-out and Dog Bones

iam running the same hubs and lockouts on my rig they seem pretty good value for the money they cost
boohoo is offline   Reply With Quote

P3 AsiaTees Hobbies Castor Block,Lock-out and Dog Bones - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
spindle/castor block question chev632 Vaterra Twin Hammers 2 06-02-2013 11:06 PM
Asiatees Hobbies...Anyone used them? T I N Y Axial Wraith 44 11-07-2012 04:24 PM
dog bones sivad Tamiya XC/CC01 5 01-22-2011 10:36 AM
dog bones newbe5.9 EnRoute Berg 11 12-13-2009 02:34 PM
Integy HD Castor+Steering Block. worth the $? NSR_CIVIC Tamiya Clod Buster 3 10-15-2009 04:48 PM