Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Video testing max articulation of newly acquired Axial Jeep Wrangler! Cool!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Video testing max articulation of newly acquired Axial Jeep Wrangler! Cool!

I bought a used Jeep from a fellow RCC member for my girlfriend. I was testing it today to see how well it runs and other stuff.

I have to get new suspension links or try to shorten the 1/4" SS lowers up front. The Jeeps drive shaft angle is way too steep and the u-joint gets very hot!! It has shafts from a Traxxas T Maxx I am not sure because it is all new to me. I just know I have to change the links soon.

Check out the short video if you like.

I took more video but it might be too boring.

Last edited by ZippoMan; 10-29-2013 at 06:59 PM.
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Video testing max articulation of newly acquired Axial Jeep Wrangler! Cool!

Looks like a nice little rig. That's cool to get your girlfriend into the hobby too.
TuffNStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Video testing max articulation of newly acquired Axial Jeep Wrangler! Cool!

Looks good,
I use MIP driveshafts,
Have not had a single issue since running them
JOETRUCKER80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Thanks guys for the comments. Yeah my gf loves the Jeep but we have to change the body and color. I bought the Jeep because it seemed like too good of a deal to pass on.

I can't really afford any mods for a while. I do love MIPs and have them on my Wraiths. The guy who had this did lots of upgrades, the trans has CI T-Maxx output shafts, hence the t-maxx drive shafts. I might just lube the center ball in the U-joints. Maybe it was just super dry and friction caused all the heat no matter what angle it would be at?
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Video testing max articulation of newly acquired Axial Jeep Wrangler! Cool! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bender's SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Video BENDER Scale Videos! 10 12-07-2012 09:19 AM
cool jeep wrangler body discgolferlee Micro Scale Rigs 8 03-16-2011 10:03 PM
bmuzz1's newly acquired Blazer bmuzz1 1.9 Scale Rigs 61 09-04-2010 11:08 AM
Newly acquired Rubi tuber wrightcs77 2.2 Scale Rigs 6 08-12-2007 07:37 AM