Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Specific instructions / suggestions for Axial Night Vision (NVS) and Rubicon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #1

Default Specific instructions / suggestions for Axial Night Vision (NVS) and Rubicon?

Hey all,

I am thinking about this system and had a few questions.

1. Headlight Placement: I understand that there are body clips in the spare parts bag to hold LEDs. For the headlights, how do you install them? Do you simply poke the led through where the headlight decal is? Is there a "headlight case" / lens that you could put into the headlight spot on the body? I'm picturing just the led in there and it seems like it would look a little cheap....

2. Turn Signals / Brake Light Placement: similar to my question above...I'd like to have them where the actual brake lights are...any tips on installing them there? (I am wondering if you could just drill out a hole in the plastic brake light piece that attaches to the body)

3. Waterproofing / control box placement: I have my esc and receiver waterproofed in a few balloons....would it be advisable to just put the control box in there also? Is there enough slack on the led wires to still remove the body?

4. Powering the System: Do you just need to run a pass through from the esc to the control box? I am using a Nimh battery setup into the stock esc.....I hear about people using a 2S lipo to power the lights....I assume that is because there existing lipo setup pushes too much power?

There are plenty of videos out there of the scx10 with the nvs installed but they seem to be mainly Honcho bodies...having a difficult time finding good examples for the Rubicon. With all the great videos that Axial outs out, I'm surprised there isn't one giving more detail on the NVS install tips.....the "manual" provides no insight into this.

Thanks all! Hope to be night driving soon!

Greg

Last edited by Greg2K6; 10-30-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Greg2K6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #2

Default Re: Specific instructions / suggestions for Axial Night Vision (NVS) and Rubicon?

I just installed a light kit in my Rubicon. It is the G.T. kit. I picked up the Wraith light bucket kit. I drilled out the front lights out to fit the large buckets. The turn signals I did the same. I put lights in the front bumper and the red ones in the rear bumper. If I knew how to post pics I would.
rugslug01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Specific instructions / suggestions for Axial Night Vision (NVS) and Rubicon? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Night Vision ajromano2011 General Scale Talk 1 01-06-2013 12:34 PM
Axial NVS Instructions? Knytemare Electronics 3 12-05-2010 07:05 PM
Axial NVS – Night Vision System Matt.k Axial SCX-10 23 03-26-2010 06:36 PM