Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: servo glitching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default servo glitching

ok so i have a problem i bought my scx10 used a while back and it was fine then started glitching the servo hard left on full and stayed there till i let up on the throttle, so i figured my servo was bad so i continued to run it and then ran it through some water and some managed to get in and fried it so i got a new used servo same kind (hs-645mg) so i hooked it all back up and it still did it so i was like wtf then people were telling me i needed a bec and it would fix it ok cool so i bought a ccbec 10 amp and installed it just like they say to and bam still did it ok so now 26 bucks went down the drain so then i was told to have the voltage changed to 6v and i did and still glitched so the guy that changed it took a brand new savox servo and hooked it up and nothing glitched and i cant afford a 70 dollar servo so then i go back to my buddies to see if they got one i can use for the rest of the day and they did and i plug that one in and it glitched also so now im fed up with it and another guy said that my esc could be going i thought the same so he gave all stock axial scx10 electronics (the rx the controller and the esc) and hooked all the up with my servo and it still did it but not as much and i made sure the lipo cutoff was off, so now im really at a loss here all new electronics in the truck with a different radio and everything and it still does it and the only thing that is still original is a axial 55 turn motor so one guy had told me that the motor could cause this and im like how its not related to steering so i have a friends motor on its way to try axial 27 turn and see if that fixes it

here are my old truck stats:

i think mayhem dual motor esc
hs-645mg servo
axial 55 turn motor
ar-3 rx
standard axial radio
ccbec 10 amp set to 6v

here are my new truck stats:

ae-2 esc
different ar-3 rx
different standard axial radio
same motor
same servo
same bec

batteries i use:

8.4v nimh traxxas batteries
9.6v nimh tynergy batteries
i even tried a 2s lipo and still did it
so why does it continue doing this even after changing everything and all the electronics where taken from a working scx10 i figured many users on here would maybe know why this is happening
roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: servo glitching

problem solved switching out the motor fixed it and even though the 55 turn still performs good at crawling it cant be used for sled pulls and hill climbs so it basically mean the motor is good but not good and im not sure if i should sell it, keep it, or throw it away
roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: servo glitching

that was my thought too was the motor after you changed the esc and transmitter, glad you got it figured out.
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote

servo glitching - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hitec servo glitching and a servo horn question m1009cucv Electronics 5 08-18-2012 11:22 AM
Servo glitching... HELP!!! Abavuso Electronics 7 02-17-2011 11:59 AM
Steering Servo Glitching w/ Throttle Airmaxx23 Electronics 7 12-30-2010 11:46 PM
Servo Glitching lud98r Electronics 10 10-12-2009 04:55 PM
Servo Glitching chronicspd Electronics 0 03-09-2008 01:28 PM