Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: DRIVNMF Builds, (cough), the Axial Jeep Wrangler G6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Subscribed!!!! I've been laughing my arse off since i started reading this thread. This forum needs more threads like this!!!
As for wheels, Im using the Gearhead sixer 1.9's with the scale lug nuts and locking hubs. The tires i chose are the tsl boggers from RC4WD. Check em out :thumbup:

Popcorn for President!!!
n8welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: DRIVNMF Builds, (cough), the Axial Jeep Wrangler G6

Inspiration sometimes likes to hide from me. So, I go look for it.

( DRIVNMF is wearing the Axialfest "Eat. Play. Sleep." Tee, Swat Cap with shooter worn bill, provided by Utah's finest SWAT Cops, relaxed fit "urban" hoodie which takes 8.5 years of your age, and the limited edition "smile" caused by taking a selfie in public. Wardrobe skills provided by Life.)

Inspiration are you in there?

Knock. Knock. Inspiration???

Good News. I found inspiration....

My '95 Jeep Wrangler. I cut my wheeling teeth in this Jeep and had not laughed more driving a vehicle than my '74 VW Superbeetle.

Let the building commence!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

I have a skeletal roller.

Wheels are mocked up.

Thank ya'll for the responses. It appears that I what ever I decide from RPP Hobby | Radio Controlled Cars, Trucks, Boats, Helis, Planes, Plastic Models , will be an awesome wheel.

Trans is mocked up.

Axles are mocked up.

XR10 mod is waiting for parts. But I have a tough time waiting, so I have mocked up the axles so that I can continue.

shocks are mocked up.

Everything is mocked up because I have a disease called "Linkitus".

I am anal about link geometry and length and drive line angles and it really drives me crazy.

Note: If you are building this kit "per batum" then you will not have any issues with links. In fact, your biggest decision will be what to run a "3 link" set up or go with a "4 link" set up. Either way, Axial has you covered with the Jeep Wrangler G6 edition SCX10. This kit has both set ups and all the necessary parts for building them.

I went with the 4 link set up. More on that later, but for now, mock up pics...

My overall length has been stretched to 13 inches. I like a great departure and approach angle, but I am venturing into new territory with 1.9 tires and rear steer...

After two nights of going through a surprisingly large link assortment I built what I was after;

a "belly dragger" feel that would still offer my a reasonable amount of clearance.

I am excited to drive with rear steer, as it has been since my Super Comp days since I have.

If you have a rear steer set up on your 1.9 scaler, what have you found are the pros and cons?

Did you have to run extra weight in the rear tires?

Can you FedEx me some Bavarian Cream Doughnuts?

Thank you.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #64
RCC Addict

Is this gonna be ready for the b day bash..... I wanna see ya drive with us...
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
Is this gonna be ready for the b day bash..... I wanna see ya drive with us...
Don't hold your breath.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, this build is definitely on "PARKER TIME?

Which means it should make it's great debut about Axialfest of 2020.

And what a great year that will be. Just imagine the anticipation, 7 years in the making....
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #67
Rock Stacker

OK Parker, It's been awhile now. How about an update on the build. Or do you need some help getting JUMP started.
C.WEBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Hey a bit off topic but, I also live in Minden Nevada and was curious, where are you in Nevada, some of your pics, look like Lake Tahoe area, and who is the Reno Crew, I have being looking to get involved with people and RC's, but not finding anybody or any info on groups, locally to me, years ago met a few guys from Reno Radio Control and they were good people, but I didn't have a RC at the time. want to meet some people around here to do some crawling, trial running, what ever

Last edited by kgb424; 12-17-2013 at 09:25 PM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb424 View Post
Hey a bit off topic but, I also live in Minden Nevada and was curious, where are you in Nevada, some of your pics, look like Lake Tahoe area, and who is the Reno Crew, I have being looking to get involved with people and RC's, but not finding anybody or any info on groups, locally to me, years ago met a few guys from Reno Radio Control and they were good people, but I didn't have a RC at the time. want to meet some people around here to do some crawling, trial running, what ever
they all live in reno and there are a bunch of them and all good group of peps

Last edited by VP Dan; 12-17-2013 at 09:50 PM.
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #70
RCC Addict

Go to the competition section and look for the recon g6 thread and look at the schedule. You'll be g6ing in no time.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:01 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

who is BPRCA there web site is all about real rock crawlers, no mention of any R/C stuff, been to XXXX Crawlers in Reno many times, there is notification of any clubs or groups. so maybe I missed it, next time I'm in there I'll ask. they do post the G6 comps and the other comps, so maybe I'm missing it. Are the events put on by local clubs and need volunteers, I'm not even close to competing, just getting into R/C's, but still want to be involved some how, cant find work and got a lot of free time.

Last edited by kgb424; 12-18-2013 at 02:19 AM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #72
RCC Addict

Check G Central

Or

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/recon-g6/
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #73
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb424 View Post
who is BPRCA there web site is all about real rock crawlers, no mention of any R/C stuff, been to XXXX Crawlers in Reno many times, there is notification of any clubs or groups. so maybe I missed it, next time I'm in there I'll ask. they do post the G6 comps and the other comps, so maybe I'm missing it. Are the events put on by local clubs and need volunteers, I'm not even close to competing, just getting into R/C's, but still want to be involved some how, cant find work and got a lot of free time.
My friend you don't need to be a comp driver to be a G6er. You need to be a person that likes to have fun, making new friends and driving your R/C. The recon G6 is all about fun, challenging yourself. It's a family atmosphere. Skeeno and his daughter G6 together. My Wife and sons G6 with me. There are many families that G6 together.We also just go out to wheel as a family. Go to the recon thread bellow competitions. I guarantee you will find some Reno/Carson area locals to run with. Heck I love running my scaler,maybe we could get together for a run sometime. post up on recon g6 Q&A.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #74
Rock Stacker

Hey Parker, How about an update on the RECON G6 JK.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

How about alittle info on your links you used. I like the increased wheelbase.
k goodrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:33 AM   #76
Quarry Creeper

You cannot update when there is nothing to update.... Remember "PARKER" time!

And according to my calculations he still has 6 + years

Happy New Year everyone.

TREE
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:03 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Page 8 and in the depths of Builders of bye gone posts, well like the Phoenix, Yoda MacNasty is rising from the scale ashes and using the force.

Ok, updates....I have been to Dagobah to hone my building skills...let's see if its been working.

First, Fuel.

Then, a little wheelin' to soothe the soul.

Oh yeah, I drove in a GSRCC Event and drove an Axial based Lund Chassis rig owned and driven by RECON G6 Driving Diva of the Year Award Winner, Alyssa Fankhauser.

Diva Status FO SHO!
Old 01-09-2014, 04:15 AM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Now that I am learning some build thread secrets, I know that thinking 7 steps ahead of the actual build comes with time. So, we'z gonna learn how I does it.

I had my Wrangler G6 body hydro dipped.

I like hydro-graphics for several reasons. First is strength and scratch resistance. My Exoterra Buggy was hydro dipped and it still looks brand new. I beat the tar out of my Yamaha Grizzly and the hydro graphics on it look new.

Yup, I do ride the pee out of it. Aloha, 808 Bruddah's and Sistah's!

I have the outside dipped, but you can dip the inside and still have the lexan on the outside to protect the graphics. I am not a "glossy" type guy. Give me some rattle can flat black and I'm happier than a hornet in heat.

So, I had to take take Yoda MacNasty to the paint booth to spill some flat black on him.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:34 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

CAUTION: Kids and Men with less than understanding wives. DO NOT USE THE BATHROOM AS A PAINT BOOTH UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THIS!!!

The bathroom is a perfect paint booth for RC's, mountain bike parts, and body painting. It has great lighting, an exhaust fan, and a hand held paint drier.

There are certain precautions. Make sure you use old towels to cover anything that you don't want to get paint on. Don't worry about ruining the towels, just go with "those stains are from your hair color mom/honey". It works every time.

Next, sometimes the fan doesn't work well and if Mom/Honey comes home early, open the window and use the hand held paint drier to quickly evacuate any lingering paint fumes.

Last, but not least. If you are body painting anyone other than your wife, please do not submit the pictures of your artistic talent. We will not look at them or post them in this thread. (Yeah right!)

Yoda MacNasty out of the paint booth after the silver interior was complete.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:40 AM   #80
I wanna be Dave

I really dig the light bar on the Wrangler G6, but I forgot to put reflective tape in the light buckets, so dissemble and reflect.

This is metal repair tape, compliments of Trevor Lund.

What a difference! This is pure reflection. The LED's are not on.

Tags
gear head, recon g6

DRIVNMF Builds, (cough), the Axial Jeep Wrangler G6 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Jeep Wrangler G6 Kit DRIVNMF Recon G6 25 11-04-2013 09:11 AM
Jeep JK Wrangler (Axial) Build brazwewn 1.9 Scale Rigs 18 01-20-2013 11:03 AM
New Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Axial Promo Vid B94Cast Scale Videos! 0 10-30-2012 12:20 PM