Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: DRIVNMF Builds, (cough), the Axial Jeep Wrangler G6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #161
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: DRIVNMF Builds, (cough), the Axial Jeep Wrangler G6

That front axle needs some beef tubes.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2014, 06:35 AM   #162
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Careful, a fully charged 2S pack is at 8.4 Volts. I'm sure the holmes servo's will handle it and you will feel even more power. May not be recommended though

TrailMaster BLS-HV 400 Servo-
Japanese Brushless motor
5.1v to 7.4v (2s lipo compatible)
Aluminum case
Titanium gears
25 tooth spline (futaba compatible)
418oz/inch .14sec @ 7.4v
67 grams
39x19x38.5mm

On a sidenote, that HH servo bears a striking resemblance to the TrackStar TS-910. TrackStar TS-910 Digital 1/8 Truggy/Monster Truck Steering Servo 66g / 30.6kg / 0.14sec

Last edited by CBR74; 02-18-2014 at 07:50 AM.
CBR74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:20 AM   #163
Pebble Pounder

Great build! I look foreward to seein more. Ill be using a few tricks from it for my daughters g ride.
tech712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #164
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
That front axle needs some beef tubes.

Yeah, I agree. I messed up the XR mod. and worked with what I had. Being new to brushless power and torque, I my usual "field fixes" that worked with 35t on 3s is completely different ballgame with sensored brushless on 2s. (currently) Bwaahaaahaaahaaa!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech712 View Post
Great build! I look foreward to seein more. Ill be using a few tricks from it for my daughters g ride.
Awesome! Thanks for checking out the build and I am stoked it's helping out!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #165
I wanna be Dave

Yoda MacNasty made an appearance at the 2014 King of the Hammers. Ofcourse, just like a B listed celeb, Yoda posed for a few "WTF are you doing" pics!

Kick back and violate with Mr. MacNasty, Yoda if ya know'em!

Don't go off-road with a Rugged Radio. Learn more about them here, Rugged Radios: Headsets, Intercoms, 2-Way Racing Radios and Communication for Motorcycles, Offroad, Circle Track, Drag Racing, NASCAR, Police, and more...

The military has been trying to take over large junks of land in Johnson Valley. Yoda MacNasty, hard hitting rc reporter has found out why, allegedly. With toys like this, I would want a private sand box, too.

Big Brother.

Even B-Listers have sponsors. Yoda MacNasty reppin' the Gear Head RC licensed Factor 55 shackle mount. Pick yours up at the Official Online HS of the RECON G6, RPP Hobby | Radio Controlled Cars, Trucks, Boats, Helis, Planes, Plastic Models Got Flex? A little. Got 'tude? Hell Yeah! If your a B-Lister, middle fingers in the air & wave'em like ya just don't care!!!!

Having a traction reaction with the Official Tires of the RECON G6, Pit Bull Tires. Don't mind Yoda, KOH Racers, take heed, ya'll rock the same breed, now go out and succeed!
Old 02-19-2014, 12:07 PM   #166
I wanna be Dave

The Axial "Ball Peen Hammer" Trail wasn't even safe from a little B-Lister LoVe from Yoda MacNasty.

Posing on the Brokennib 2013 Axialfest Float.

Enjoying the Crawler Innovations single stage closed cell foams while crossing "suspended animation".

Always take the time as a B-Lister to taunt your older cousins. This awesome JK with flaming granite spackle is driven by a true living legend, John Schultz, trail leader, friend, and student of the DRIVNMF class of smackology!

Keep your red carpet, bitches, when your a B-Lister, ya get your own road! Wha-WHAT!!!
Old 03-09-2014, 10:31 PM   #167
I wanna be Dave

Well, it's been a minute...quick catch up.

I got bit by a spider. This was day one and I didn't know it was a spider & was hoping it was an ingrown hair, but the hacky sak size knot under my skin and pain was telling me differently.

Day 2 and it's hot to the touch, grown to halve a raquetball size knot and the pain is spiritual, but I don't do Doctors, so it's bacon fat and prid time.

Day 5 and I can stick tweezers 1/4 inch into the hole & not feel a thing! This is not pus, it's a spider buffet of fillet min-Parker!

Bit by a spider + "Parker" = spidey powers??? No such luck. I don't feel bigger or stronger and I can't shoot a web.

A quick call to a SWAT Medic buddy and off to the Club W Clinic for some antibiotics. I had no idea Wal-Mart had a clinic!

Today, it's still freaky having a #2 eraser size hole in my arm that was liquified by a Hobo Spider, but its healing.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:40 PM   #168
RCC Addict

Hobo spiders are nasty! Glad to see it didn't get too serious, but that's still a nice little wound.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:40 PM   #169
I wanna be Dave

Appearantly, having a good nature, passion for fun, and energy rivaled only by a bunny, means to some that you have to be on drugs. Well for THOSE that don't know my past or can't understand by "high speed" nature to live life to the fullest...

Their assumptions are correct. I am addicted to CHOCOLATE!!! Thin Mints was a little pricey, but I ended up paying because being tased by girls looking to earn their "Tase an Addict" patch was not on my agenda!

Old 03-09-2014, 11:20 PM   #170
I wanna be Dave

I have been running Novak Eiger Pro esc for two years. In my Axial based Toyota, Lil' Lexus and in my Axial Jeep Rubicon Wrangler JK named after my departed grandmother, "Edna". A versatile & RECON G6 Certified esc. I use to Velcro my electronics down, but after an Eiger Pro came free and shorted out on the body pin post, I started using double sided tape.

I have driven the snot out of this esc, multiple submersion's in fresh and salt water, and all types of weather conditions. It's a great unit and it works flawlessly as a winch controller, too.

Those of you following my Axial Jeep Wrangler G6 build, Thank You for the support and comments, I love them and really appreciate it. Ya'll know the Holmes Hobbies is putting the "Nasty" in Yoda MacNasty with the Trail Master BL 540. This sensored brushless motor is unbelievable! The torque. The top end. Holmes Hobbies knows motors and HOLY COW, it's insane!

Yoda MacNasty is a one pimptacular promo rig, but is need of a heart transplant. The Eiger Pro has limited brushless tuning & for Yoda to truly use the "force", we needed tuning power, high voltage, and look what the mailman dropped off...

Tekin is a "RECON G6 Certified" esc and was put on top the podium my RECON G6'er Mike Pham, 2013 RECON G6 Fix Endurance Champion.

Yoda MacNasty is about to go to another level of insanity!

Thank You, Tekin!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:39 PM   #171
I wanna be Dave

Ty@Tekin sent the new Tekin RSX esc, a HotWire 2.0, sensor wires, and a can of "Awesomeness".

The RSX is loaded with features. Including a high powered internal 7.2 volt internal BEC. This means, the Holmes Hobbies Trail Master Servo will get all the power it needs for stump moving steering.

The HotWire will open up all the control and adjustablility of the RSX. I like fine tuning throttle curves and drag bake, but the Hot Wire is gives you control over so much more. The cool factor is you can use the computer or the Tekin App.

Yes, I have downloaded the Tekin App, you can find it at the App Store, search Tekin HotWire Lite Beta. I'm on my way to being a web wheeler!!!

Stay tuned, installation & tuning is slated for S-O-O-N.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:57 AM   #172
Pebble Pounder

Ty is good people. Ive spoken to him quite a few times on tekin products. Let me know how you like the rsx. I went with the rx8 gen2 myself.
That hobo spider bite looks pretty nasty. Glad we have no venomous spiders or snakes up here in Alaska.

Hows the hydrographics holding up to the abuse? Good to see Mr. McNasty do work.
Hopefully one day I'll have the time and funds to drive down and Do Work with you guys soon.
tech712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #173
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech712 View Post
Ty is good people. Ive spoken to him quite a few times on tekin products. Let me know how you like the rsx. I went with the rx8 gen2 myself.
That hobo spider bite looks pretty nasty. Glad we have no venomous spiders or snakes up here in Alaska.

Hows the hydrographics holding up to the abuse? Good to see Mr. McNasty do work.
Hopefully one day I'll have the time and funds to drive down and Do Work with you guys soon.

tech712, I agree. Ty is super cool people and has mad driving skills. Great choice with the rx8.

In Alaska you have a big bears and I don't think some bacon fat would help with a bear bite. LOL.

The hydrographics on Yoda was done under the recommended temperature and the bond of the film or the primer is not as durable as my other Hydro dipped bodies.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #174
RCC Addict

Excited for the install! You'll love being able to plug into the ESC on the trail and tune it if needed. I'm going to have the plug accessible without removing the body on my JK so I can dial in some extra drag brake or tweak some settings with a 4" Android tablet!
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #175
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
Excited for the install! You'll love being able to plug into the ESC on the trail and tune it if needed. I'm going to have the plug accessible without removing the body on my JK so I can dial in some extra drag brake or tweak some settings with a 4" Android tablet!
Good idea Ty. This is the reason I left the Hotwire adapter plugged into the RS Gen2 so I can change a setting without opening the box its installed in.

I covered the plug with electrical tape, but you can see the plug sitting by the right rear shock mount.

I intalled the app on my Galaxy phone and Nexus 7 tablet, so I can use either one. This is going to be a cool setup.
Trump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:11 PM   #176
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hobo spiders are nasty! Glad to see it didn't get too serious, but that's still a nice little wound.
x2! Thanks, Ty, the antibiotics helped, but the prid & bacon fat works well draining the wound.

Quote:
I can't wait! This is a whole new level of "trail tuning"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump1 View Post
Good idea Ty. This is the reason I left the Hotwire adapter plugged into the RS Gen2 so I can change a setting without opening the box its installed in.

I covered the plug with electrical tape, but you can see the plug sitting by the right rear shock mount.

I intalled the app on my Galaxy phone and Nexus 7 tablet, so I can use either one. This is going to be a cool setup.
Great idea, Trump1.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #177
Rock Crawler

Your welcome. I'm glad to hear you're doing better. Ever since I've seen what a Brown Recluse can do, I'm much more conscientious when i see a spider.
Trump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:07 AM   #178
I wanna be Dave

So Gear Head RC has a new licensed 1.9 Wheel, but not just any wheel. It's a wheel that King's of the toughest off-road race in this country! I'm talking about the King of the Hammers Ultra4 Race.

Erik Miller, 2012 King of the Hammers Winner, runs BTR's

Randy Slawson, 2013 King of the Hammers Winner, runs BTR's

Let's begin. I'm starting with the Official Foams and Tires of the RECON G6, Crawler Innovations Closed Cell Foams & Pit Bull Tires. I'm using my old faithful Rock Beasts. Of course, they are 1.9's. You had to ask???

Both the tires and foams are RECON G6 Certified. I know they work and work well.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:28 AM   #179
I wanna be Dave

So, I like putting tires on bead lock wheels. It's like my zen. Well I as I started unscrewing the little bolts, I got several out and then the bead lock lifted right out of the rim!!! WTH!

OH MY! These little screws are all show, there is eight screws that all GO!

This is pimp. 8 screws in the front & 8 screws in the back! SaWeet.

The bead locks just pull a part.

If I keep this up, I will be a WrenchinMF!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:31 AM   #180
I wanna be Dave

I have set tire beads in a lot of different wheels, but I have never had a bead of a tire fall into a wheel as easy as these.

After putting on the beadlock ring,

I flipped the GH BTR Wheel over this is what I saw. I love it. This reoccurred 4 more times, awesome.

One done.

I run weight in the front only. I will start with 1.5oz per wheel and tune from there.

The Official Tire of the RECON G6, Pit Bull Tires, is stuffed with the Official Foams of the RECON G6, Crawler Innovations, is wrapped around the Official Wheels of the RECON G6, Gear Head RC. I am stoked.

The only thing left to do is go drive the pee out of them!

Tags
gear head, recon g6

DRIVNMF Builds, (cough), the Axial Jeep Wrangler G6 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Jeep Wrangler G6 Kit DRIVNMF Recon G6 25 11-04-2013 09:11 AM
Jeep JK Wrangler (Axial) Build brazwewn 1.9 Scale Rigs 18 01-20-2013 11:03 AM
New Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Axial Promo Vid B94Cast Scale Videos! 0 10-30-2012 12:20 PM