Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New Guy with a new honcho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New Guy with a new honcho

Hows it going fellas i joined up a week or so ago but been browsing for a bit longer and finally pulled the trigger on a scx10 honcho. its my first crawler/scale truck but ive had a few rcs( a couple tmaxxs a rc10gt nitro rustler xl5 stampede and 4x4 vxl stampede to name a few) but i stumbled on the scale thing and it just intrigued me so i did a little research and decided the scx10 was my best bet and i got one last week and im already hooked lol ... BTW my name is Wayne and im from Lexington NC .. anyway heres a few pix of my boring scx10 lol

So the line up is my brothers rustler(xl5 converted to VXL with the motor and speed controller from my stampede 4x4)

2wd xl5 stampede with updated waterproof xl5 electronics from the rustler

my 4x4 stampede with castle MMP and 3800kv 4pole and rpm arms, front bumper, rear hub carriers and proline trencher 2.8s

and my honcho .. raised the front bumper(thanks to info on this site) axial 1.9 beadlocks(black) and proline super swamper tsls ... stock otherwise ... did remove the bump stops ... i have ordered steering link kit and aluminum 4 link setup for front and rear along with a lift setup ..nothing too exciting yet but i just got it last week lol it will get more attention after the new house is squared away .... and yes i just mounted my 4x4 pedes wheels and tires for giggles but it actually worked ok just rubbed the front fenders a bit lol

as for battery i run spc 2s 50c 8200mah packs and it takes forever to run them down with this scx10 lol

but thats my little rc garage and introduction thanks for all the great info you guys have posted here!
Fatman489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New Guy with a new honcho

Nice collection! I also have a p4de and love it. I recently got my first scx10 g6 kit and slowly putting it together. Also pretty new here myself too. Welcome!
Hirschowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thanks ... I do love my p4de but i just cant keep it together lol the 3800kv is alot of motor for that thing ... rolling backflips are a breeze lol ... need to play with my castle link a little and try to dial it back some then maybe i can keep it rubber side down .... I thought about the kit version but i dont really have time to build one since im a truck driver and only see how about 4 days a month so i just went with the newbie rtr
Old 12-06-2013, 04:18 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Welcomw to Rccrawlers and congrats on the scx10..wonderful decision.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:10 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I feel it was a good one . I couldnt leave it alone after I got it lol
Old 12-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Anyone ever have any luck shortening the bed area to about the end of the frame? Wanna ditch the in bed spare carrier and go with a rear bumper mounted spare ... but wanna shorten the cage and make it a true flat bed or box in the center to store some scale goodies later .. not sure yet
Old 12-07-2013, 01:15 AM   #7
RCC Addict

search around..you can find a few flat bed builds on here and tips on it..makes for a cool look.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:18 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

O yea ive for sure been looking at some cool builds on here ... especially some of the 1.5 scale rigs where people have either heavily modded a body or made one from scratch with styrene ... those are extremely awesome ... I really wish I had time to do that so I could make a frontier body to match my real truck lol
Old 12-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Check out RC4WD they have a all steel back half flat bed that bolts on and it ends at the end of the frame.I love mine.
THUNDER PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Yea I seen the one they offer and its nice just not really what im going for. And for the price itd hav3 to be alot closer to the image I have in my mind ... I do plan to order some of their bumpers though and probably sliders aswell ... they have some really nice stuff!
Old 12-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Thinking about pulling the mamba max pro off my p4de and putting it on the honcho ... just depends if I get any bites on selling or trading the p4de (have it posted on craigslist lol) ... but I also need to try and free up some cash to buy my ole lady a rubicon RTR lol .. she wants one now since I got my honcho haha

New Guy with a new honcho - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New guy, SCX10 Honcho RTR, a few questions about my Honcho dan188 Axial SCX-10 2 10-04-2013 09:43 AM
New guy with with a honcho "thumbsup" BigBlackZj Axial SCX-10 4 12-07-2012 09:37 AM
hey guy got anther honcho question?? thorsson crawler Axial SCX-10 12 05-20-2010 10:31 PM