Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: G6 rubicon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #1

Default G6 rubicon

Does anyone have a spare tire carrier on their rubicon g6 jeep it's narrowed so I'm not sure how they would fit with the body.
09bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #2

I just picked up a kit today for Xmas. My wife was kind enough to let me pick it out. I'm a car and truck guy I've got tons of rc's. This is my first crawler. I already know I'm going with a savox servo that's what I run in all my other cars and trucks.

I'd like to run 2 or 3s lots of crawling but would like some speed as well. Not crazy fast cause that's not what crawlers are designed for. I see the Holmes is a popular choice for motor and speed control. Doesn't need to be waterproof as I stay away from the water and snow. So what's a good motor and esc. I'd rather not upgrade in the future and just get the good one now. I know I'll have upgrade the driveline and tranny gears for this power.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: G6 rubicon

The Tekin FX-R with the 35t is another popular choice. That is what I bought. The esc is ridiculously small. I will also be avoiding water and snow. (to much clean up). I haven't seen any rear bumpers for the G6 or one with the spare tire carrier. I saw a pic somewhere on here where someone put on a rubicon jk rear bumper with spare tire and IMO it did't look right with the dovetail cage. If I were to mount a spare, it would be on the cage itself. I will be waiting for some G6 specific bumpers for a better look.
Hirschowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #4

Yea I agree with the bumpers. Although I saw one that didn't look bad at all. But I'll wait it out for awhile and see what comes out. I'll look into the tekin system.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #5

I've never had a brushed motor what kind of maintenance do they require of any? And what pinion and spur do I go with? I was reading on the tekin and didn't find any info about batteries. I can run 2 or 3s?
Old 12-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Default Re: G6 rubicon

On my Jeep G6 build, I plan on putting my spare on the care.

It may make the top a bit heavier, but I think it's the best place for a spare. I hope this helps.
Trump1 is offline   Reply With Quote

G6 rubicon - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial rubicon fender flares on proline rubicon body? XJrob Paint and Body 0 02-27-2013 03:12 PM
1.9 rubicon tuner 1.9 Scale Rigs 1 12-17-2011 10:09 PM
My rubicon cr-01 douwe Tamiya CR-01 5 12-30-2008 12:00 PM