Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Thinking about getting a kit!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Thinking about getting a kit!

What are the differences between the Axial Rubicon and the G6?

Also, what online site has them for the best prices?
SerpentCT4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Thinking about getting a kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentCT4S View Post
What are the differences between the Axial Rubicon and the G6?

Also, what online site has them for the best prices?
- Hello, the "difference" between the original rubicon and the new G6 is there wheelbase:
- Original Jeep- 12.3 inches
- G6 kit- 12.0 inches
Yes they are different there so if you want links for the G6 you'll have to buy V.P. links. Another difference is the body, they play an important role as of keeping it slimmer and more capable, the original is much wider and weighs more with the cover on it, but the G6 uses the "dove-tail" design that is much slimmer, weighs less, built-in fender flairs, and the cage is slimmer. In my opinion the G6 would be the kit to buy besides i'm doing a build on the G6 soon and I would not get the regular Jeep. One thing that you have to keep in mind is that basically every website is the same price, towerhobbies may have a few deals right now but if you want the kit then just go to any website you prefer, in the end you're not going to save one damn dime. But like I said towerhobbies.com should have a small savings. What I do is sit down and compare the two, ask yourself this which kit is worth it? How much will it cost me to do this kit vs. the other? Which will perform better? I made lists and comparisons, and the G6 takes the hill!! - axial 4x4 crawler
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Thinking about getting a kit!

You get a couple better upgrades and its a different look and wheel base..other than that its the same exact truck

The G6 is just the new line up from axial..its going to be priced higher naturally than previous models.

Axial went with a 12in. wheel base to have something different between their other offerings...the longer wheel base (12.3) is actually preferred by most over a shorter wheel base.

Heavier isn't a bad thing to a certain degree but lighter has advantages also.

Either one is a good..go with your budget.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thinking about getting a kit! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Im thinking thinking about whats next...lol buggynutt Kyosho Crawlers 6 03-08-2012 09:04 AM
Thinking of getting rid of my moa kit and axles dustin keeler Team Losi Comp Crawler 23 11-24-2009 02:33 PM