Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: another hand-me-down that puffn takes with a smile!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 03:48 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default another hand-me-down that puffn takes with a smile!

hi guys just bought a this scx10 for 170 .ill be posting my upgrades and pics here. won't be a fast expensive build but a tough, slower build that gets upgrades as needed or desired.
backround: i've been lookin at scalers for quite some time; a ridgecrest gone wraith fell on my lap first a over a yr ago for less then what i paid for this. using that as a learning curve for crawling, upgrading motors esc's ect..... had the desire to get one way before then and today i've been given the opprotunity. they're realism got me hooked. unfortunately my pockets aren't as deep as my eyes are wide! lol hense why i had to wait for the perfect deal.
What i got: scx10 roller. mudslingers on rc4wd sleel wagon wheels. rooster esc. custom i think; front rear bumpers and rear cage. servo. winch. missing from what i can see. motor. rxtx. driveshafts. wheel hexes and bolts.
where you come in: any ideas from seeing these picks or the equippment? anything scream anything to you guys?

what i have planned: by looking the thing i wanna put i light bar to fill the gap in between the roof of the body and the cage. a new body; mmmmm perhaps learn to braze for a exo cage. prolly get this thing running before i get to do anything to it.
puffntough760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: another hand-me-down that puffn takes with a smile!

Looks like it needs a wire cleanup, and a good thorough cleaning itself with a fresh front body panel. And maybe the same color links (down the road)

Otherwise a good pickup for the price. I wanted to get it but the holidays being upon us, I could not afford to.
QYKSLVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by QYKSLVR View Post
Looks like it needs a wire cleanup, and a good thorough cleaning itself with a fresh front body panel. And maybe the same color links (down the road)

Otherwise a good pickup for the price. I wanted to get it but the holidays being upon us, I could not afford to.
I hear you on the holidays hurt'n. luckily Im a waiter and made good tips the day of Christmas or id have to wait till who knows when. trust me im very fortunate for this rig.

thanks on the input; the wire/ and mismatch links are hideous. maybye a little elbow grease,sand paper and paint can fix those. how ever the body ill have to wait till it gets here to see the dimensions of the front to that cage. every time I tell a family member about the new bright hard bodys they've just thrown one out. missed opportunity at least three times. I was asking before I got this truck too. lol for the body style im gonna be going for a hard body dodge,ford,chevy. aybe a tundra if it doesn't look goofy.
puffntough760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Looks like it needs a cleaning and new body panels and a wire clean up other than that look like a good truck! I think you should go with a ford body.
79SCX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffntough760 View Post
dodge,ford,chevy. aybe a tundra if it doesn't look goofy.
I think the Tundras look real good like this built with the rear tube chassis.
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote

another hand-me-down that puffn takes with a smile! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
right hand turn,left hand front wheel sawhead Axial SCX-10 5 01-12-2014 09:35 AM
Take a look and you will smile Straffa Scale Videos! 3 07-24-2012 02:31 PM
This will make u smile!!!! josh97 Chit Chat 6 06-17-2011 03:41 PM
Are u shi!!#%& me paypal? Get ur hand hand outta my cookie jar!!! KNIFE Chit Chat 96 06-05-2010 06:42 PM
First Smile.... Kamikaze Chit Chat 17 06-03-2007 05:33 AM