Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Which Axial? Jeep SCX10 or Wraith?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #1

Default Which Axial? Jeep SCX10 or Wraith?

This will be my first RC kit in MANY years. I narrowed my choices to either the Axial Jeep or the Wraith. I'm looking for your advice on which will best suit my interests.

I'm a 1:1 offroader lacking a 1:1 rig currently. This rig will fill the gap for a while for my sons and I. I like general trail running and crawling. I won't rule mud out, but it's not high on my list. Sand and snow are real possibilities.

I definitely want an Axial Jeep or Wraith for their looks and aftermarket support. I like the scale appearance of the Jeep and G6. I also appreciate the option of dropping on an early bronco body. Can the Wraith accommodate a Jeep and/or Bronco body?

I may do some upgrades over time as things break. For now, I'm hoping to run it as it is with my 5 and 6 year old boys in our yard and local parks.

Love to hear some guidance / opinions. Thanks.

Jeff
jeffncs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Which Axial? Jeep SCX10 or Wraith?

Proline makes both a bronco and a jeep body for the wraith. As far as choosing they are both great trucks, however they are two different animals. One is designed to be more of a rock racer and scx10 is more scale trail truck. Why not buy one of each?
DIRTSLINGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Which Axial? Jeep SCX10 or Wraith?

I have both and enjoy both, but I probably prefer the realism of the SCX10 jeep over the Wraith. The Wraith is more capable on the rocks and difficult climbs, and is probably better suited if you want something fast. I personally enjoy the challenge of running my SCX10 with more capable rock climbers. The Wraith does have some body options for a slightly more realistic look, check out Dynamic Concepts, they have a couple. I have a build thread with the Rubi-wraith body to give you an idea, under "Trailsnail's Dynamic Concepts Wraith Remodel" if want to check it out. A Wraith will also be a little more expensive if that is a consideration. Good luck, can't go wrong with either one!
TrailSnail is offline   Reply With Quote

Which Axial? Jeep SCX10 or Wraith? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 RC Scale trucks - Trail finder 2 hilux Axial wraith Jeep scx10 Ford RC offroad adve boolean21 Scale Videos! 2 08-16-2013 06:27 PM
Extreme Mudding! Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Wraith Tamiya Clod Buster Chevy truck RC boolean21 Scale Videos! 7 04-21-2013 02:20 AM
New Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Axial Promo Vid B94Cast Scale Videos! 0 10-30-2012 12:20 PM