Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Wraith/Honcho Hybrid cage on SCX10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2014, 01:40 PM   #1

Default Wraith/Honcho Hybrid cage on SCX10

So like many others here after seeing Harley's SCXWraith I wanted one of my own, but by the time I got a few things together there was a few being built already. So I figured I'd put my own little twist on things..

So my SCX started out as a Wrangler kit I built the beginning of this past summer.
From there it change shape a few times and had a few small upgrades completed but last month I ended up with this
And that's when I decided I was gonna change things up a bit so I got this and a few days later I ended up with this which I must say I am very happy with!

So even though it's still in the beginning stages i couldn't happier with it. I'm planning on mounting the cage with a hinge like the other builds I've seen I have what I need to do it now I just need the time.

I did get around to making a custom cms mount today though and it was fairly easy. All I did was remove the frame brace closest to the front and bent up some sheet metal and cut and drilled what was needed. I meant to take pictures along the way and I completely spaced it. So here's a couple of pictures of the finished product.

And while I'm still here and before I forget I made some bedsides for the rear of the cage. I must have done alright since I had another member ask me to make a set for him!

Later tonight I'm going to finish making the body panels and roof. Thinking of trying to build a roof with built in light bar with some styrene but I've never really worked with the stuff. I did picked some up yesterday at my LHS so I think I'll try my luck with it later. I also modded the rear drive shaft (two female ends with a male in between with zip tie glued in the middle of the male shaft as a retainer.

Well I think that's it for now but please feel free to let me know what you think about the build so far or if you have any suggestions. This is was the first kit I've built, so this is the first time I've done any custom work with anything rc. So at the least, wish me luck!

-Hadden
Hadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Wraith/Honcho Hybrid cage on SCX10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith/Scx10 hybrid Cortina79 Axial Wraith 21 11-25-2013 08:18 AM
Bloody SCX10 Wraith Hybrid Remington12 Axial Wraith 18 08-09-2013 10:14 AM
honcho cage on a wraith? bigred22 Axial Wraith 9 02-02-2013 09:04 AM