Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Junfac shafts for the scx10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Junfac shafts for the scx10

I just installed the junfac shafts on the scx10. In the front, the male and females shafts are barely inserted and are very close to popping off. Anyone else have this problem? I have the scx10 g6
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Junfac shafts for the scx10

Junfac makes 4 or 5 different lengths of driveshafts. Just get the next size up and you'll be good to go. You can buy them in pairs or single from the Junfac website.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
Junfac makes 4 or 5 different lengths of driveshafts. Just get the next size up and you'll be good to go. You can buy them in pairs or single from the Junfac website.
I ordered on eBay and they were labeled as scx10 :( i messages the eBay store I purchased it from.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:47 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I had the same problem. I have a pair that are made for the wraith on the way. I believe the set they sent me were for the shorter wheelbase instead of the longer.
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:55 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysplits View Post
I had the same problem. I have a pair that are made for the wraith on the way. I believe the set they sent me were for the shorter wheelbase instead of the longer.
isn't the g6 the standard 12" wheelbase? regardless, if it says scx10, it should fit regardless of wheel base. If no, advertisement needs to state which wheelbase.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
isn't the g6 the standard 12" wheelbase? regardless, if it says scx10, it should fit regardless of wheel base. If no, advertisement needs to state which wheelbase.
The Junfac drive shafts that are labeled as "Hardened Carbon Steel Universal Shafts (2) for Axial SCX10 #J90025" are for the Dingo. It has one long shaft and one short one.

The Junfac drive shafts labled as "Hardened Universal Shaft for Axial Honcho #J90025" fits the 12/12.3 wheel base and is the same length as the Wraith shafts. Both shafts are 107mm to 142mm.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7zpj View Post
The Junfac drive shafts that are labeled as "Hardened Carbon Steel Universal Shafts (2) for Axial SCX10 #J90025" are for the Dingo. It has one long shaft and one short one.

The Junfac drive shafts labled as "Hardened Universal Shaft for Axial Honcho #J90025" fits the 12/12.3 wheel base and is the same length as the Wraith shafts. Both shafts are 107mm to 142mm.
Wow! That's so confusing. How does someone new suppose to know this?
Old 01-03-2014, 09:35 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Measure twice, buy once. I ordered one rear shaft that I thought would and it ended up being short so I ordered a longer one and now have front and rear. The whole measuring with the travel and all confused me.
Hulldiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulldiver View Post
Measure twice, buy once. I ordered one rear shaft that I thought would and it ended up being short so I ordered a longer one and now have front and rear. The whole measuring with the travel and all confused me.
The eBay add just says junfac scx10. It had no measurements. If it say scx10, one wouldn't think u need to measure.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
Wow! That's so confusing. How does someone new suppose to know this?
The short answer is use a better vendor that adds value by providing information about the products that are being sold and do your research before buying.

For example, RPP Hobby lists the shaft travel for both shafts for the "SCX10" shafts. They also have this warning: "These only fit the standard SCX10 They are not long enough for the Honcho version." A good vendor may cost slightly more than eBay but they make up for it in customer service.

Doing the research is knowing the specs on the parts you are going to replace, or by doing measurements:
  • The manufacture's website is a good place to find out what the original specs and the specs of the part you are replacing.
  • You double check by measuring the part on your rig. When doing the measurements on your rig, check for broken or misshaped original parts. if the specs and your rig don't match you need to do additional research before buying the part.

Also knowing the history of your rig and that there are multiple wheelbases possible should put you on alert for any part that is wheel base dependent.
A lot of manufacturers and vendors still consider the 11.3 inch wheel base of the AX9007 as the standard wheelbase for the SCX10 and they may not have updated product information for the new SCX10 models such as the warnings on the Junfac drive shafts.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:32 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Like I've said, I'm new to crawlers. So yes I'll have growing pains. If this was a kyosho rb6, then I would know. I didnt know there exists a 11. Something scx10. I thought all was 12 or 12. Something. Oh well! I sent it back and requested for the honcho version! Thanks all for the quick responses