Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: G6 problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #1

Angry G6 problems

Hi I hate to seek help with everything but i am having alot of issues with my new g6 kit.
1. i have very little suspension travel in the front.
2. one of the scres holding the rock slider in is hitting the back of my motor cant get a nut on it.
3. electronics box it hitting the plastic links in the front end.
4. i have a ton of extra parts that do not seem to go with this kit.
5. Servo arm is rubbing the front cross brace.
Are these problems caused by something i have done wrong? i have went back through every step and have no idea what to do. any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
bigvnct is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: G6 problems

Here is good thread on everything you will need help with on this G6 build and is very informative hope this helps you out...

ScaleFreak - Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Build
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvnct View Post
Hi I hate to seek help with everything but i am having alot of issues with my new g6 kit.
1. i have very little suspension travel in the front.
2. one of the scres holding the rock slider in is hitting the back of my motor cant get a nut on it.
3. electronics box it hitting the plastic links in the front end.
4. i have a ton of extra parts that do not seem to go with this kit.
5. Servo arm is rubbing the front cross brace.
Are these problems caused by something i have done wrong? i have went back through every step and have no idea what to do. any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
These are all very common issues with the SCX10 since it's second version (honcho kit). Some people notch the front brace to allow servo arm to clear the brace. I found that screwing the rear upper link and bolting them up first, and then screwing down the tranny helps. You can also screw through the upper link, through the chassis, though the slider mount and bolt on the outside of the chassis. Typically the fron upper shouldn't hid the box too much during driving, and may do so if both fron shocks are compressed at the same time (which shouldn't really happen while driving it).

These are just some of my observations from building these kits (5 build kit to date). I'm sure there are more scientific explanations out there. Hope it helps.
IRON MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #4
RCC Addict

#4, Axial always puts a ton of extras in the kit. Be creative and find a use for some of them.

Not sure how #2 is possible. Post a pic.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:10 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Can i ask what motor you are using. To fix the motor Rubbing the front link mout. I made a small plate from steel to go uder the transmission. So a friend can run a traxxas vxl in his truck.

Last edited by greengoblin; 01-01-2014 at 10:16 PM.
greengoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:27 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Hey bigvnct and greengoblin the small plate under the transmission will clear the front link mount a little bit and you should be good with that part. I myself have never put anything under transmission and I'm running a PRO4HD 3500kv 550 can which is a big motor and it clears my front link mount with just minimal touching sorry for the crappy pics if it's not that clear but here's what it looks like with no plate under the trans. It's tight between the motor and the link but it wont affect any crawling and I don't think you would have any issues, at least I don't.

Last edited by muddywaters; 01-02-2014 at 09:17 AM.
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:34 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvnct View Post
Is it hitting the tabs for the wires? Clock your motor around and it should clear with ease.
Photos would make it easier to know exactly what your issues are.....
Hope that helps!
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:27 AM   #8

I think i have everything sorted out. I was told that other people have the same issue with the screw hitting the motor (axial27t). also took the tabs holding the back of the receiver box off and just have the two on the front.
Thanks everyone for the help.
bigvnct is offline   Reply With Quote

G6 problems - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just went out to the track for the FIRST TIME. Problems Problems Problems flyingrc Non Crawler RC's 4 07-23-2012 10:19 PM
ax-2 problems nhtoyotawheeler Electronics 6 03-17-2011 08:17 PM
Problems problems problems hope it's worth it in the end TJcreeperJEEP Venom Creeper 9 12-22-2009 04:54 PM
Problems bikemikeb Electronics 5 06-16-2008 08:10 AM