Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: testing out integy snow tracks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default testing out integy snow tracks

Got some integy snow tracks for the slash but I think I like them better on the Honcho. Don't have allot lot snow but should get more as the day goes on

1375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2014, 03:36 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: testing out integy snow tracks

what no running video? Also got a link or a price you paid for them? I have lots of snow and have been tossing around the idea of either making snow chains or getting snow tracks.
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Those look awesome, we def need a running video for sure and more pics.. Let us know how they work cuz iv been looking into a set of them.
SkyJacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #4

i didnt know anyone other than rc4wd made tracks. How do they do in SOFT powder snow? Most of our stuff is deep powder so I just sink.
friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:18 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

These tracks are from integy and where originally for a slash. So they are heavy. Crazy heavy. It had no problem with the powdery snow. I think it really benefits from such wide tracks. There should be 5+ inches tomorrow so that should be a good test. The 2 biggest problems I'm having is the torque twist and the stress put on the motor. I'm geared way down but the motor still gets red hot. Here's the link to the ones I'm using Front Snowmobile & Sandmobile Conversion for Traxxas 1/10 Stampede 4X4 Slash 4X4 for R/C or RC - Team Integy
Old 01-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #6

Really cool. I'm curious how well they float. We have about a foot and would like to see how they stay on top.
robsjeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Cool thing! What motor do you run? Are they a direct fit or what do we need to mount them on the SCX10?
Cheers Rene
perseus71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:06 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Well I was able to do some more running

http://static.photobucket.com/player...ps04aa9c07.mp4

I'm currently running a 45 turn rc4wd motor. It was 10° out and even with a fan on it it still ran hot. The tracks mount to the hex and then there is a bracket that hugs the C hub. It's a direct fit for the front but the rear bracket is different. The rear is larger and higher up than the front. I hacked up a shock hoop for a base. There is some play on the rear tracks and that resulted in one track pointing down when it got clogged with snow. But for the most part the tracks did a good job of staying above the snow

It was a blast to plow through the snow and it looked good doing it! I got stuck about as often as the mad force did (which is saying a lot considering one has huge tires) nothing else could hack it today

I like the tracks and the way it preforms. Just have to iron out the 2 major problems:

Securing the rear tracks. I may have to find someone to weld a hunk of aluminum for me

Motor heat/power. The only other motors I have sitting around its a 27, 21 turn and a vellion brushless system. I might end up getting a dual motor mount and run 2 45's

Thank!

testing out integy snow tracks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clod snow tracks Gumbajv Tamiya Clod Buster 14 12-01-2012 01:28 AM
Integy Snow/Sand Tracks (Like Mattracks) markturbo General Scale Talk 1 11-30-2012 10:30 AM
vw snow crawl and hearse testing sauhu3000 Scale Videos! 8 02-05-2011 02:02 AM
vw snow crawl and hearse testing sauhu3000 Videos! 0 01-26-2011 03:24 AM