Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Issues with a new Honcho. ADVICE NEEDED

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 03:37 PM   #1

Exclamation Issues with a new Honcho. ADVICE NEEDED

So I have just gotten the new 2013 SCX10 Honcho for my birthday, and I took it on a camping trip in Death Valley after a few days of breaking in the truck on some easy terrain. Everything is stock as of now.
After getting the truck going in Death Valley, it ran well for a few uses, and then I started getting issues:
The truck seemed to be having trouble communicating with the remote, and was jumping backwards and forwards. When the truck did move under my command, it was very slow and unresponsive.
The battery was fully charged, and ran down to nearly empty in a matter of about 1 minute.
I am new to the Axial world, and would appreciate some help and advice on what I can do to diagnose this issue.
Thank you!
MattNorSCX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2014, 05:16 PM   #2

Default Re: Issues with a new Honcho. ADVICE NEEDED

I had something like this happen with my wraith. It would be running fine and then all of a sudden it would take of in forward or reverse at full throttle. I contacted axial and they said it sounded like the rx had issues. They sent me a new TX/RX free of charge. I would start there. I didn't have the battery issue though just the out of control stuff. Hope that helps.
Boats85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #3
RCC Addict

try fresh batteries in the remote..that will cause it to do what you described as well...just a suggestion to try before anything else...it happens

well accept the actually truck battery going dead in one minute..lol

Last edited by 6sharky9; 01-05-2014 at 05:33 PM.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I've never heard of anything like that. Will your battery be really hot? If it's draining like that I would think it would have to get hot. If it's not hot then I'm just wondering if your charger is charging the battery fully. Cause a partly dead battery will do that with a stock honcho or stock axial rtr. The settings in the ESC for the battery will cause it to do that when the battery drops to a certain voltage. Depends if your running NiMH or LiPo to. Either way if its not fully charged it can cause your truck to react like this too. If you can get a castle link and hook it up to your pc you can set it all up really easy depending on what battery your running. If not you can do it through the transmitter, but you have to make sure your batteries are fully charged. This is a tough process to do. Here is a link on Axial's site on how to do it that way. I've done it before, and it's a pain. After that one time I went and bought a castle link. So much easier.

Axial Racing - instructions
So if you go here and look at which ESC is in your rig. It will say right on the ESC itself. Under the first sections Electronics yours is one or the other

AX24259 - Manually Programming the AE-2 ESC

AX24260 - Manually Programming the AE-3 ESC

I just linked them directly if you want to click them from here. They are pdf files you can print if you want too. I saved them to my phone to use on the trail if I needed.

Hope this helps. I hope it's just a battery issue. Other wise this wont fix your problem. I run NiMH myself so I disable the cutoff and it will run them dead. Lipo's you dont want to do that with or you will ruin it. Just a helpful tip. Good luck bro.
CodesEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

i agree with checking the battery charger and making sure the battery is actually fully charged...sounds like a low voltage issue for sure...also check the connectors to make sure they are not spread out or pushed back in the connector, espically if its still the tamiya style molex connector!
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axial, help me, honcho, problem, transmitter

Issues with a new Honcho. ADVICE NEEDED - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial honcho front suspension advice needed golddigger Axial SCX-10 10 03-25-2013 10:42 AM
Soldering Issues need some advice WestTxRc Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 11 11-01-2011 02:54 PM
Classic CK Issues, advice? HarrisinFord HPI Wheely King 2 07-20-2010 07:22 AM
slipper issues - help needed swell searcher Axial AX-10 Scorpion 15 10-10-2008 02:25 PM
Suspension issues - need expert advice! maccasvanquish 1.9 Scale Rigs 15 03-20-2008 10:26 AM