Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: My JKL wrangler build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #1

Default My JKL wrangler build

Hi guys!

I am new to RC, and I am planning to buy a dingo kit to start my build since I know I'm gonna have to replace multiple parts. I have a co-worker who knows a lot about the RC/scale world and gave me some tips, but if you have any information that could be usefull, feel free to share.

So my project is to build that dingo in my dream rig based on my real jk, mostly how i want it to be in the end.

I came across the ebay hardbody jk that has so much details, just perfect for my project. since the wheelbase of the scx10 chassis is a little longer, this body is perfect for the JKL conversion

FYI, JKL wranglers is a conversion made by kustom koack works in arizona, which consist of stretching the jk body 10" and the possibility to stretch the rear suspension of 3" more, for a total of 108" instead of 95". www.jklwrangler.com

So here's the body, if you have any trick to share for the body work, please share! I'm gonna cut it right behind the doors, just like the real thing.

High End Scale Jeep Body for 1 10 Axial SCX10 Land Rover D90 RC4WD RC Crawler | eBay

This body does not have a cage, so I'm gonna have to either build one, or try to re-use the dingo cage. I would prefer building a steel cage though. Found this link to help.

SCALE TUBE FABRICATION

I would also like to put on this body, the poison spyder fenders, if possible.

A guy on wayalife forum have this body and told me that I will need a low profile tranny since the body has an interior. He suggested the rc4wd one. Don't know which one to go with though. Would it be worth it going with a two speed or should it stick to a single speed?

I also would like to build my own front and rear bumper, along with my tire carrier, which is a genright stinger type. I'm gonna need some tips and trick on that, since I really have no idea on what material to use. My real bumpers are made of 3/16 steel plate, so what should I go with?

I would like to stretch the rear links a little too, if the real thing stretch only 3", how much should I go? should I build my own or there is extended links already on the market?

As for the electronics, my co-worker suggested me these.

TEKTT2109 - FXR ESC Crawler Combo 35T Motor @ Great Hobbies
SAVSW0231MG - Waterproof Standard Digital Servo 0.15/208 @ Great Hobbies
TGHL22003C50 - G3 Li-Po 11.1V 2200mAh 3S1P 50C @ Great Hobbies

The frame mounted servo is also on my to do list, just found that write-up
scx10 Chassis Mounted Servo CMS mod detailed write up

And for the rest, there will be pitbull rocker tires, led light bars, a winch, and if you have any ideas to make my own decals or a site I could order from, please share

So That's about it, I know its a long story, but y'all know we start somewhere. I leave you with a couple pics of my rig.

Semper fi, and jeep on!
Levesque690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2014, 06:20 PM   #2

Default Re: My JKL wrangler build

I've been doing research on this tonight, and I might go with the G6 kit instead, better suspension and nicer bumper. Or, don't know if it is worth it, but would it be a good idea starting from scratch, buy a frame and all separate parts?

I'd like to get K44 axles and king shocks coil overs...

And for instance, a nicely build JKL looks like this

Last edited by Levesque690; 01-19-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Levesque690 is offline   Reply With Quote

My JKL wrangler build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NB TJ Wrangler Build scrapen 1.9 Scale Rigs 27 09-03-2010 06:14 AM
My Wrangler JK Build dbb888 1.9 Scale Rigs 54 03-18-2009 12:28 PM
Yet another NB wrangler build mr.allthat 1.9 Scale Rigs 8 05-29-2008 12:29 PM