Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Front axle jumping?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 01:25 AM   #1

Default Front axle jumping?

Hello everybody,

The problem is that the front axle is jumping/vibrating/rattling, but only when the wheels are turned left or right. Going straight is no problem and all runs smooth even at max RPM. It starts at about 1/3 or 1/2 of a turn regardless of speed. This effect is greater when I lithe the truck or place it upside down. I’ve checked everything including opening axles and checking the diff – everything looks OK with no signs of wear or damage (the truck is only 1 month old!).

Please send suggestions what to do with it?
zach23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2014, 05:22 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Front axle jumping?

Sounds like a binding issue. If you are running the stock dog bones check the joint at the knuckle when turning and make sure everything is staying in place . That is most likely where you will find a problem.
DIRTSLINGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:28 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTSLINGER View Post
Sounds like a binding issue. If you are running the stock dog bones check the joint at the knuckle when turning and make sure everything is staying in place . That is most likely where you will find a problem.
This ^^^
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:57 AM   #4

Thanks - will inspect that tonight!
Old 01-22-2014, 12:44 AM   #5

Thanks - inspected dogbones tonight and they look a little eaten - very lightly. It seams that during a turn the dogbone rod just below the ball binds with the axle cups - the cut-outs that dogbones slide into.

Second picture shows it even more. Do you think I could dremel the cups a little bit on the inside to solve it?

Old 01-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #6

Somehow my posts don't make it the first time ... Dogbone is a little eaten just below the ball end. It seams that it is binding during a turn with the slots in the axle cup. Do you think I could dremel it a little?

Front axle jumping? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Narrowing front Wraith Axle for front of scx10 rusty577 Axial SCX-10 12 02-02-2013 10:30 PM
LNC front axle teardown/axle shaft removal guide? LowLock Team Losi Comp Crawler 1 05-22-2011 09:31 PM
front steering linkage behind front axle kit? slip408 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 09-14-2008 01:16 AM