Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Micro Racer's Dingo Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Micro Racer's Dingo Build

Hey everyone! I have had my dingo for about a year now, but I never was able to post pictures. Well, I finally read through Posting Pics For Dummies, and then made a Photobucket account. So, please bear with me as I let out a year's worth of building. (2017 Edit: Do NOT use Photobucket...)

I got all of my junk together and decided to take a picture...

Then I went through some pretty standard "follow the directions" building...

I finally got everything put together! FYI: The dingo body has about a million and one holes to drill in it. (Yes, some hardbody guy is going to come along and go "That's nothin'", but I don't really care. It was a lot of holes.

Last edited by micro racer; 10-12-2017 at 02:37 AM.
micro racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Micro Racer's Dingo Build

After I got everything together, it was of course time for some paint!

(Yes, this is essentially the same as the last picture, but at a different angle and cans of paint in front of it. Again, I don't care. )

The body is all painted; I just needed to screw everything back on.

This has terrible lighting and made the colors weird, but you get the idea of my paint scheme...

Now for the official photos...

Last edited by micro racer; 10-12-2017 at 02:40 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I almost forgot my electronics!!

ESC: Tekin FXR-I like the ability to program in the field with the buttons. It has come in pretty handy when I have been out on the trail and needed to change something, like drag brake.

Motor: Stock Axial 27t- I started with an Axial 20t motor since I wanted some speed, but it smoked when I had some play-time in a puddle. A really muddy puddle. Next, I ran a Traxxas 20t Stinger motor that burnt up for unknown reasons. Finally, I went back to the standard 27 turn, since many people have run them continuously with success. That and I only had about $20 left on my budget.

Radio: Spektrum DX4S and Sr410-Originally, I had a Futaba 3PRKA, but I quickly found out that it didn't quite have the functionality that I was looking for.

Servo: Spektrum S6030-In the beginning, I ran a Hitec HS-645MG. However, the first one had a slight mishap with water and burnt up. The second 645 I bought randomly burnt up. I assume it was from over voltage, since I just put a CC BEC set to 6.5 volts in about a month earlier.

Battery: Duratrax 2S 5000mah lipo-There isn't much to say here. It has worked fine ever since I bought it.

Etc. : CC BEC-This was originally to speed up my 645, but that didn't really end well. Now it is mainly just insurance on my electronics, since I run a fairly high powered servo and around half an amp of lights. Speaking of which...

Lights: An awesome lighting setup - I have an RC-Lights Turnbrake and 911 Strobe controller for my dingo. The Turnbrake's specialty is having outputs for turn signals. The 911 Strobe has two separate strobing circuits and allows me to have switchable head light and roof strobes. (I'll have to get a video of this at some point)

No, this is not quite my awesome lighting setup; I just haven't posted the stage in between this one, and the awesome lighting setup.

Last edited by micro racer; 10-12-2017 at 02:41 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #4
RCC Addict

like the color
m1009cucv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:44 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

First off, here are a few poser pictures of the original paint scheme:

And now....... My new paint scheme!!

Old 02-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Well, that's all for today! However, I will have new beadlocks, some Proline TSL SX XL's, and new Axial Icon shocks later this week, so keep checking!
Old 02-05-2014, 11:54 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Is that a new dingo body with the second paintjob? Both look great in my opinion...
Louisbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:04 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Yeah, its a new Dingo body. It also has a Reign RC dingo grill. That is what is giving it the D90 look, as well as providing mounting positions for the Axial light buckets and some bare LED's.

Thanks for the complements guys!!
Old 02-06-2014, 11:29 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I just got my new tires, wheels, and shocks! I have the tires and wheels put together, but the shocks will have to wait until tomorrow. I should have pics by this weekend.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:07 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Good looking truck, those head lights on the second body are a cool touch.
AZINDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I don't have any pictures, but I have everything together! The Icon shocks are AMAZING! They are super smooth and have a lot less wobble compared to the stock Axials. Along with my new shocks, I got a chance to try out my new Proline Super Swamper XL's on a nice trail run this weekend. I am very impressed with this tire in just about every environment I ran them in. Smooth rock, rough rock, sandy rock, dirt, anything but side-hilling on smooth rock worked amazingly!
Old 02-11-2014, 01:03 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro racer View Post
I almost forgot my electronics!!

ESC: Tekin FXR-I like the ability to program in the field with the buttons. It has come in pretty handy when I have been out on the trail and needed to change something, like drag brake.

Radio: Spektrum DX4S and Sr410-Originally, I had a Futaba 3PRKA, but I quickly found out that it didn't quite have the functionality that I was looking for.

Servo: Spektrum S6030-In the beginning, I ran a Hitec HS-645MG. However, the first one had a slight mishap with water and burnt up. The second 645 I bought randomly burnt up. I assume it was from over voltage, since I just put a CC BEC set to 6.5 volts in about a month earlier.

Battery: Duratrax 2S 5000mah lipo-There isn't much to say here. It has worked fine ever since I bought it.

Etc. : CC BEC-This was originally to speed up my 645, but that didn't really end well. Now it is mainly just insurance on my electronics, since I run a fairly high powered servo and around half an amp of lights. Speaking of which...
Nice build, Dingo with good colors on both bodies. 645 should have been set to 6.2 volts max in my experience, compensates for little line loss and wont' toast it. Need pics of your new beadlocks and tires!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:41 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Sorry about the wait everybody! I just haven't been able to get pics of my truck all set up with the new stuff yet. However, I did manage to get two pictures, so, here you go...

I will more than likely be able to get pictures of the actual truck by later tonight. Hang in there!
Old 02-13-2014, 04:47 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Just in case anyone was wondering what type of water my first motor and 645 servo died in, this is it.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:21 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Well, I still haven't been able to get any pics up, but I did get new rod ends for my links. They are Traxxas ends, part 1942. Unfortunately, the steel ball is about 1-2mm narrower than the stock Axial balls, so I need to run back to my LHS for some .5mm washers tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:25 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Wow, the pics took a long time for me to post, but here they are!

Old 03-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #17

Did you waterproof your servo before it burnt up?
turboeg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

No, it was just a regular hs645mg
Old 04-29-2014, 09:19 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Well, I know I haven't posted anything for a while, but I haven't forgot about this build thread. My next project will be building a servo winch to take the place of my failing RC4WD Bulldog.

I plan to mount the winch behind the chassis-mounted servo and route the cable around through the Bulldog's fairlead. Any ideas on how to guide the cable?
Old 04-29-2014, 09:26 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Sweet
Liv3mind is offline   Reply With Quote

Micro Racer's Dingo Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
racer's MG200 Hummer nicodrive01 Videos! 13 01-08-2012 01:30 PM
any drag racer's out there? stevew Colorado 17 07-13-2011 08:54 PM
Racer's Edge Servo Horns Aggie01 General Crawlers 35 01-05-2011 10:15 PM