Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: all around tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 09:13 PM   #1

Default all around tires

Hi everyone im getting my order together for the g6 kit, im looking for tires now so i would like to know what is a good all around tire. iv been looking at PIT BULL 1.9 Rock Beast Scale Crawler with Komp Kompound, and Pro Line Interco TSL SX Super Swamper XL 1.9" G8. whats your input on these and if theres other tires i should look out let me know. im hopeing to order every thing monday
badd_maxx25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: all around tires

I picked up a set of Rip Saw's and really like them. I'm extremely impressed with their abilities.

Hotrodvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #3

ill have to check them out, thanks
Old 02-07-2014, 10:16 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badd_maxx25 View Post
Hi everyone im getting my order together for the g6 kit, im looking for tires now so i would like to know what is a good all around tire. iv been looking at PIT BULL 1.9 Rock Beast Scale Crawler with Komp Kompound, and Pro Line Interco TSL SX Super Swamper XL 1.9" G8. whats your input on these and if theres other tires i should look out let me know. im hopeing to order every thing monday
Either of those choices work and well, the trepadors aren't bad either but do require a little weight on them to work. Either way, do get some decent foams to make your choice shine
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:20 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I just recently switched from ripsaw tires to the 1.9 pitbull rock beasts. As great as the ripsaws were the pitbulls are better in every way. If you want something that you will be satisfied with for a while, spend the extra money and go for the pitbulls.
patman_and_robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:44 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

For a GOOD ALL AROUND tire, why not use the stock maxxis tires that come with the G6 kit? These are the same tires that come on the Jeep Rubicon Unlimited and they took that truck, the 1/10 and full size and did the Rubicon trail with both of them. The r/c model did very well. Here's a video of it from Axial: AX90028 SCX10
dwblue00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:19 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

the stock maxxis trepador tires on my rubicon are horrible...my flat irons, ripsaws and hammers are much better all the way around...
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:42 AM   #8

i heard some whare that the stock tires werent very good. maybe im thinking about other tires then
Old 02-08-2014, 07:25 AM   #9
RCC Addict

The ripsaws are pretty good even with the stock foams...I have to say they've out performed the trepadors everywhere for me personally; except in the sand.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:32 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

The Trepadors are taller than the Ripsaws and work very well on our course. I did trim some of the lugs for better traction in the loose stuff. I run 4 ounces of lead in the fronts and use cut down 2 stage 2.2 foams on cheapy alloy beadlocks. The big difference is the foams. The stockers are too soft.
CBR74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:53 AM   #11
Scale Detail Engineering

You've pretty much narrowed it down to the 2 best tires there are with fhe TSL's and tbe Rockbeast's.
I run the Rockbeast on my Class 3 and the TSL's on my Class 2. You'll be happy with either.
Also, the RC4WD IROK is a re really good tire.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:28 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Consider tire height an issue as well when choosing a tire..Too tall and you lose articulation you can use...too small and not too good over the bigger obstacles.

Foams also important for whatever tire you get...wrong foams = crap performance no matter how good the tire is.

The trepadors are really as tall as you should even consider with a stock ride height for an scx10..Ripsaws are perfect for the scx10's ride height.

Im hoping the pitbulls aren't any taller than my flat irons or ill have to make changes.

Last edited by 6sharky9; 02-08-2014 at 10:33 AM.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

I've gone from DC mud country to 1.7 iroks( a tad bigger than the DC's) now I'm on to the tsl sx's are a meaty tire. I can't wait to run them when the rain lets up. The iroks have great traction even in the 1.7 form.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
norcalmk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Rock beast with some crawler innovations foams and your set. Best combo I've run to date.
DIRTSLINGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTSLINGER View Post
Rock beast with some crawler innovations foams and your set. Best combo I've run to date.
X2 I have ran almost every type of tire out there and only the proline tsl and pitbull rock beasts performed good enough for me to keep them but...

The 1.9 pitbull tock beast with crawler innovations foams are the only thing I run or will run anymore as they have taken me places no ther tire could
ssdub33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:23 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

I have the rock beasts already and have the tsl's on the way. Variety is the spice of life lol! But the foams really do make the tire!
2003EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:09 AM   #17
RCC Addict

I vote TSL's. I run them in all weather's and they just grip.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:49 AM   #18

I would tend to agree that the Trepedor's are terrible, I now run the RC4WD Rox lox, and they are super sticky. I have not had a chance to run them on rocks yet as there is still a ton of snow outside, but they crawl in the house awesome! Deep lugs, and a little bit wider spacing makes them bite on to edges and pull the truck up.
JeepExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:49 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Trepadors with the stock foams are indeed junk...they need to have a decent foam...and a slightly heavier rig. CI foams and a little break-in (a must, be patient) and now they will rival a PB tire....I really like them after some tuning and break in.
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:13 AM   #20
ion
Quarry Creeper

I'll be the odd guy out here, but I run the new rc4wd compass tire, looks like the toyo MT, and put some C.I. Deuces wild tall 1.9 foams and they are awesome. once they get broken in they will impress you more and more every day.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote