Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: TINY's take on a G6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 08:59 AM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: TINY's take on a G6

A good tip for your decals is to get a spray bottle and mix 3 drops of baby shampoo and water in it. Wet the location and the sticky side of your decal before applying it. This will give you freedom to position it to your liking. When you have it how you like it gently blot it with a lint free rag gently working the water out. Let it sit and dry for a day in a warm place and it should be fully setup. Just a little trick a good budy of mine taught me for doing window tint.
tech712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech712 View Post
A good tip for your decals is to get a spray bottle and mix 3 drops of baby shampoo and water in it. Wet the location and the sticky side of your decal before applying it. This will give you freedom to position it to your liking. When you have it how you like it gently blot it with a lint free rag gently working the water out. Let it sit and dry for a day in a warm place and it should be fully setup. Just a little trick a good budy of mine taught me for doing window tint.
I've done this for years...
But when your hands shake like crazy it still doesn't help much.....
But I'm sure someone else could use the tip....Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by going2fast View Post
great build man ..I thought I saw the gear head drop kit though .. did you not like it or am I mistaken
I didn't have any use for it so I used it in a trade...lol
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:54 PM   #43
RCC Addict

I was sitting here looking at the G6 a little bit ago.My attention was drawn to the ride height of this thing. To me I felt it was a bit to high. So I moved the body posts down a peg and still looked high.So I went to move them down another peg but when I put the body back on it wasn't fitting quite right. The top screw tab for the dust cover on the transmission was hitting the body. WELL...guess what happened to Mr. screw tab.....LOL
That's right off it came.I put a small dab of CA in it's place but it wasn't really needed.But it made me feel better...
Here's a shot of where the tab was.

And here is a before of the ride height.

And one of it after..I know it's not a huge difference but I think it helped.I think it dropped it a good 1/4 inch the pics don't show it very well unless you look at the lower links and the rock sliders.compared to where the body was and is now.

Last edited by T I N Y; 02-22-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithmike View Post
Looks sweet! I like all the little details. The tan interior is nice too!
Thanks...
Old 02-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Lookin good. Closing the gap improves the appearance quite a bit. No longer looks like a body lift in the 1:1 world. But heres the question. Can it crawl ? ;p
Old 02-22-2014, 02:35 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Lookin good. Closing the gap improves the appearance quite a bit. No longer looks like a body lift in the 1:1 world. But heres the question. Can it crawl ? ;p
Don't know yet..I haven't even ran it yet...lol
Old 02-22-2014, 05:14 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by T I N Y View Post
Don't know yet..I haven't even ran it yet...lol
I think it'll be even prettier with some dirt n scuffs on it. The build is only half the fun. I cant wait for summer for pictures of mine on top of a mountian.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
I think it'll be even prettier with some dirt n scuffs on it. The build is only half the fun. I cant wait for summer for pictures of mine on top of a mountian.
Yeah it'll look better with mud on it. But first I gotta make it all pretty with some graphics. Oh and I live in the mountain state so I know all about the mountains...
Old 02-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Builds looking damn good man that color choice with the rim combo tops any I've seen yet in my opinion! Can't wait to see how it does on the rocks!!

- Richard
creepinchevy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:22 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepinchevy69 View Post
Builds looking damn good man that color choice with the rim combo tops any I've seen yet in my opinion! Can't wait to see how it does on the rocks!!

- Richard
I'm glad you like it. When I picked the color I was looking for something different. It's got gold metal flake in it so it really pops in the light. It seems like a lot of the other G6's use the body armor decals and the big G6 sign looking decals. I'm not one to run with the crowd...lol I've got some decals I'm looking to have made. I got a guy checking a quote for me now. He should get back to me soon I hope. If I can't find someone to make them soon. I'll look for some that are already made and not custom.Oh and thanks for saying mines tops...
Old 02-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Looks fantastic, great job.
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Just though i'd mention this to you for an idea. Have you planned on making fender wells?
Old 02-22-2014, 08:56 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelerzman View Post
Just though i'd mention this to you for an idea. Have you planned on making fender wells?
Yep...Sure have.I'm still figuring out how I want to make the rear ones. Plus I'm thinking about doing it all underneath.You know fill it all in so you can't see up into the body.But I don't want to use one of the floor pan kits you can buy...I feel like that's cheating....lol
Old 02-23-2014, 08:31 AM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I'm glad you like it. When I picked the color I was looking for something different. It's got gold metal flake in it so it really pops in the light. It seems like a lot of the other G6's use the body armor decals and the big G6 sign looking decals. I'm not one to run with the crowd...lol I've got some decals I'm looking to have made. I got a guy checking a quote for me now. He should get back to me soon I hope. If I can't find someone to make them soon. I'll look for some that are already made and not custom.Oh and thanks for saying mines tops...

Yeah that's what sets it aside from the rest too man! Yes, it is a g6er but the way you made it look now definitely gives it that old school "hot rod" look while still saying I can eat up this mountain like nothing haha. I think once those custom decals are on tho it'll really set your rig off! And it's no problem at all too man! I know a beast when I see one n this ones no doubt a MONSTER haha

- Richard
creepinchevy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepinchevy69 View Post
Yeah that's what sets it aside from the rest too man! Yes, it is a g6er but the way you made it look now definitely gives it that old school "hot rod" look while still saying I can eat up this mountain like nothing haha. I think once those custom decals are on tho it'll really set your rig off! And it's no problem at all too man! I know a beast when I see one n this ones no doubt a MONSTER haha

- Richard
Thanks a lot man...Yeah I'm still looking for a custom decal maker so who knows....lol
Old 02-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks a lot man...Yeah I'm still looking for a custom decal maker so who knows....lol
Have you looked in the venders section??????
Old 02-23-2014, 08:48 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelerzman View Post
Have you looked in the venders section??????
Yeah I looked.....They don't answer PM/emails. I've sent messages to everyone of them I could find.It's like they don't want money or something....lol
But I ordered a set today. SO...well see how those look when I get them...I still want the custom ones though.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:13 PM   #58
Pebble Pounder

Great build, color combo & wheel choice are spot on. I use the plastic container that sandwich meat comes in or take out food from the Chinese joint down the street. Cheap and easy to work with and cut. Again great build bud, keep up the nice work!!!
AZINDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:15 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZINDY View Post
Great build, color combo & wheel choice are spot on. I use the plastic container that sandwich meat comes in or take out food from the Chinese joint down the street. Cheap and easy to work with and cut. Again great build bud, keep up the nice work!!!
Thanks man....
Old 02-23-2014, 11:55 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

Liking the color scheme and the build so far! I'm guessing with all the traxxas electronics this baby's gonna get dirty
Crawl Space is offline   Reply With Quote

TINY's take on a G6 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tiny's Wraith tinycrites Axial Wraith 43 07-07-2012 02:23 AM