Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: TINY's take on a G6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 02:19 PM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: TINY's take on a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZINDY View Post
Those flames turned out great, worth all the hard work you had to do finding them!!
I would have liked to find someone who would make some that I really wanted for a reasonable price. But the two quotes I did get were way up there. One was $80.00 and one was $75.00. That's more than complete wraps sell for.....lol
But when I found these I thought...These will work out just fine.....
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T I N Y View Post
I would have liked to find someone who would make some that I really wanted for a reasonable price. But the two quotes I did get were way up there. One was $80.00 and one was $75.00. That's more than complete wraps sell for.....lol
But when I found these I thought...These will work out just fine.....
I think they worked out great
Trump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump1 View Post
I think they worked out great
Thanks buddy... I still want some of your powder coating skills.....
Old 03-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks buddy... I still want some of your powder coating skills.....
Hahaha. I'm stuck waiting for parts before I can continue my build. @#$%!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Quote:
Hahaha. I'm stuck waiting for parts before I can continue my build. @#$%!
I hate waiting for parts...BUT that's one of the worst and best things about a build. It's the worst because your waiting.It's the best because you can think everything through real good and come up with a lot of ideas while waiting. I still hate waiting though...
Old 03-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I hate waiting for parts...BUT that's one of the worst and best things about a build. It's the worst because your waiting.It's the best because you can think everything through real good and come up with a lot of ideas while waiting. I still hate waiting though...
True, but I've done a lot of planning and want to get going. What makes this particularly frustrating is that I previously ordered the part, but someone didn't include it in my order. So I wait.

Goes to show you, all the planning in the world doesn't help if someone screws up.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #87
RCC Addict

Quote:
True, but I've done a lot of planning and want to get going. What makes this particularly frustrating is that I previously ordered the part, but someone didn't include it in my order. So I wait.

Goes to show you, all the planning in the world doesn't help if someone screws up.
OH NO! Not the missing part.....Those are the worst.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:10 PM   #88
Rock Crawler

Quote:
OH NO! Not the missing part.....Those are the worst.
Yup! Now you know what I'm talking about.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:26 PM   #89
RCC Addict

I'm entertaining the thought of maybe...MAYBE running a rear bumper. Has anyone seen a G6 that has a good looking rear bumper on it? I wouldn't want something huge. Something that fits right and doesn't take away from the dove tailed body. Any help would be great...Thanks guys
Old 03-02-2014, 10:57 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I'm entertaining the thought of maybe...MAYBE running a rear bumper. Has anyone seen a G6 that has a good looking rear bumper on it? I wouldn't want something huge. Something that fits right and doesn't take away from the dove tailed body. Any help would be great...Thanks guys
I'm using Tough Armor rear bumper which I trimmed/cut to fit. Of course I haven't installed it yet.

Take a look at my build to see the trimmed, but not installed bumper.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:21 PM   #91
RCC Addict

Quote:
I'm using Tough Armor rear bumper which I trimmed/cut to fit. Of course I haven't installed it yet.

Take a look at my build to see the trimmed, but not installed bumper.
Ya know I forgot all about you going to run one on yours. How wide did you go? Or what is the over all width of it. Or how much did you cut off. Whatever way you want to answer it....lol
Old 03-02-2014, 11:49 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Ya know I forgot all about you going to run one on yours. How wide did you go? Or what is the over all width of it. Or how much did you cut off. Whatever way you want to answer it....lol
I went with 120mm wide.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:09 AM   #93
RCC Addict

Quote:
I went with 120mm wide.
That's just about perfect...I think I might try a couple different styles but 120mm is the sweet spot it looks like. I wouldn't mind having someone fab me up a single tube bumper. Not a small tube but a big one like maybe 8 or 10mm round. It would have to have the ends capped for sure.I wouldn't want it to just look like a piece of pipe/tube on there.But then again a square tube bumper wouldn't be to bad. I don't know....lol I'll figure out something. Or hell I may not even run a bumper....
Old 03-03-2014, 12:22 AM   #94
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That's just about perfect...I think I might try a couple different styles but 120mm is the sweet spot it looks like. I wouldn't mind having someone fab me up a single tube bumper. Not a small tube but a big one like maybe 8 or 10mm round. It would have to have the ends capped for sure.I wouldn't want it to just look like a piece of pipe/tube on there.But then again a square tube bumper wouldn't be to bad. I don't know....lol I'll figure out something. Or hell I may not even run a bumper....
I made some tube bumpers like that for my Toyota Hilux. I made them to look like the 1:1 I had on my '83 Toyota. I also made some rock sliders with big tubes for my Wrangler.

I added end caps to both the bumpers and rock sliders. I'll look for pictures of my Toyota and post them.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:35 AM   #95
Rock Crawler

I found one usable I'll keep looking.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:38 AM   #96
RCC Addict

Quote:
I made some tube bumpers like that for my Toyota Hilux. I made them to look like the 1:1 I had on my '83 Toyota. I also made some rock sliders with big tubes for my Wrangler.

I added end caps to both the bumpers and rock sliders. I'll look for pictures of my Toyota and post them.
Yeah those are cool....I'd like to have some shackle mounts on the bumper too.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:12 PM   #97
Rock Crawler

Take a look at this.

I also made a rear bumper with a single tube. If I find a picture I'll post it.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #98
RCC Addict

I tried to do some measuring, template making, and mock up today for inner fenders. I tried. My hands are giving me a lot of trouble today.But oh well. That's how it is.....lol So hopefully I'll be able to do something in the next couple of days.I'm thinking of making the inner fender out of a flat piece of material. A lot of guys use those meat trays, or CD cases.But when they put them on they cover up The shock hoop and the frame.I want to put mine behind the shock hoop and frame. That way you can see them not just the inner fender and the shock. It still need a lot of fine tuning to get it just right but here's a pic of the template I came up with.And don't be jealous of my shaky cut lines..That was the best I could do today.... I couldn't cut a straight line to save my life...

Old 03-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #99
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I tried to do some measuring, template making, and mock up today for inner fenders. I tried. My hands are giving me a lot of trouble today.But oh well. That's how it is.....lol So hopefully I'll be able to do something in the next couple of days.I'm thinking of making the inner fender out of a flat piece of material. A lot of guys use those meat trays, or CD cases.But when they put them on they cover up The shock hoop and the frame.I want to put mine behind the shock hoop and frame. That way you can see them not just the inner fender and the shock. It still need a lot of fine tuning to get it just right but here's a pic of the template I came up with.And don't be jealous of my shaky cut lines..That was the best I could do today.... I couldn't cut a straight line to save my life...

I've made fender wells before and they covered the shock mounts. I agree with you. The next ones I make will not cover the shock mounts.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:55 PM   #100
RCC Addict

Well I got a little more done today. I refined my template for the passenger side and made one for the driver side. I Then made the final parts from an old tote lid. I did a test fit and all seems to be OK so far.I'm going to pick up some paint that'll work good on plastic like this and paint them black. So here's some pics of the parts, the fit and then what they look like on the truck.

TINY's take on a G6 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tiny's Wraith tinycrites Axial Wraith 43 07-07-2012 02:23 AM