Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Will a 1/8th Scale Brushless system control truck better?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 08:36 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Will a 1/8th Scale Brushless system control truck better?

Is there a good waterproof/resistant 1/8th scale Sensored brushless system that will fit in my SCX10? Want the smoothest system for it.
What Kv motor?
Would prefer a combo system with motor and ESC but would get separate components if this would be the best way to go.
I like it to go very slow but like it fast enough to outrun me if I trot fast! LOL. That's the way I have it running now. I have a Novak GTB with a 10.5 sensored motor and a 12 tooth pinion.

If this sounds like a bad idea, then please, give me an idea of a high quality weather resistant sensored brushless system. I don't plan on driving it under a dock but want it to stand up against the same environment as a muddy race track or wet trail ride. Thanks all

Last edited by NitroStar; 02-26-2014 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Title description change
NitroStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 12:47 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Will a 1/8th Scale Brushless system fit in an SCX10?

Any specific reason you want 1/8 scale gear? I believe the motor would usually be size 550, and i do know the stock 540 is already tight width wise
autonomous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:13 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Will a 1/8th Scale Brushless system fit in an SCX10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by autonomous View Post
Any specific reason you want 1/8 scale gear? I believe the motor would usually be size 550, and i do know the stock 540 is already tight width wise
Mostly I was hoping the Speed Control coupled to a 4 pole motor would have more downhill brake drag but I'm not sure. I could use a 1/8 ESC with a Tekin Roc 412 for the ease of fitting in the truck.
If the ESC, like a Tekin RX8, will not control the truck ANY better, then of course I could just get a Mamba Max Pro. I changed the title of this post also.

Last edited by NitroStar; 02-26-2014 at 08:16 AM.
NitroStar is offline   Reply With Quote