Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Trail Honcho front 4 link question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 02:30 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Trail Honcho front 4 link question

I 4 linked the front and rear of my Trail Honcho a while back and I have a question on the front link mount. I've noticed that the rear of the servo (and mounting plate) will lift slightly when the tires are turned almost to full lock, left and right. I believe this is because you can't add the third screw at the rear of the servo plate with the 4 link mount. Should I worry about this or just drive it as is? I did look at this mounting plate and it looks like that would work.

road_rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Trail Honcho front 4 link question

personally I wouldnt worry about it, but then again after a few weeks with the 4 link setup, I went with the rc4wd CMS/Panhard setup. I like more scale looking steering.

many will say there is a performance loss with CMS/Panhard but I have not had a single issue with it.
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Make sure the End Point Adjustment (EPA) is correctly adjusted on your radio. You only want the knuckles to turn far enough to lightly contact the steering arm against the buttonhead C-hub bolt. Trying to turn any further is going to stress your servo, linkages, and mounting posts.

Make sure your upper link rod ends aren't rubbing against the bottom of the stock servo plate. I had to drill a couple clearance holes above the body of the rod ends to create enough clearance.

Replace the 2 remaining self-tapping screws with the longest machine thread bolts possible. IIRC I used 3x14mm? Having the bolts further threaded into the posts will cut down on the flex significantly.

I'm running monster 400+ OZ/IN servos and know that the servo-plate still moves around a little when really bound up and trying to steer out of it. Hasn't been a breakage issue on any of my 3 SCX's.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I checked everything out- EPA's are good, and the rod ends just barely clear the servo plate by 1-2mm. I'll put in longer screws and see if that helps (the ones I pulled out are 12mm). I should have stated in my first post that the back of the plate only moves maybe a total of 3mm, which isn't much, so I'm probably worrying about nothing. Thanks!
road_rascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Trail Honcho front 4 link question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 Honcho front 4-link hardware? 93toy Axial SCX-10 5 12-27-2013 06:51 PM
front axle link question crazy nick Axial SCX-10 1 12-27-2013 08:50 AM
Vp front link question Mysterious Axial XR10 10 08-09-2012 09:08 AM