Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: axial motor esc combo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #1

Default axial motor esc combo

hi all this is my first post and i have an honcho scx10
i want to get a better motor/esc, i was looking at novak timbuck2 13.5 turn and thats about it...lol
im sure there is a better combo but i dont know what else to look at, im new to this scale crawling but like it alot.
the truck now is great for crawling with its fine throttle control and the 27 turn.
the new set up i would like to keep the same throttle fine response for crawling, but i also want more speed when i want to go fast....thanks any help would be awesome.
norb
theelcaminokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: axial motor esc combo

I have had the same questions but have been READING a lot on this forum and they have all been answered countless times before.

If you don't feel like scanning over a lot of topics try this link:

Let me google that for you
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Okay man just get a tekin fx-r with a 35t combo, it offers reliable power and torque. Trust me it has plenty of enough wheel speed depending how you gear it. If I where you, I would never put brushless in the scx10, and this truck is not made for speed. If you wanted something fast then get a wraith or a traxxas vehicle, you will destroy your tranny if you put that power in it. I'm not going into full detail because everyone has answered this question many times in this forum, just simply search a little before asking and you may just find your answer on this forum by looking. Just whatever you do, don't put Brushless into it, you'll end up spending way more money than you need too! - axial 4x4 crawler
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial 4x4 crawler View Post
Just whatever you do, don't put Brushless into it, you'll end up spending way more money than you need too! - axial 4x4 crawler
This is debatable and depends on what you are looking for. This however has been debated as well many times and all the answers can be found.

Remember google is your friend....

If you post a question demonstrating you have already read / researched this and have a specific question / concern on what you have found, many will be very happy to help out and provide answers and or their own experiences.
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelcaminokid View Post
hi all this is my first post and i have an honcho scx10
i want to get a better motor/esc, i was looking at novak timbuck2 13.5 turn and thats about it...lol
im sure there is a better combo but i dont know what else to look at, im new to this scale crawling but like it alot.
the truck now is great for crawling with its fine throttle control and the 27 turn.
the new set up i would like to keep the same throttle fine response for crawling, but i also want more speed when i want to go fast....thanks any help would be awesome.
norb
There are lots of threads on this - the search button is your friend

If you are happy with everything and just need more wheelspeed, get a 3s battery and a castle link so you can program the AE-2 for the proper voltage cutoff.
Crawl Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:54 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

You need an external BEC to run 3s with the AE-2 esc, its not just a programming thing... It will run without it but not for very long...
Scionizer07 is offline   Reply With Quote

axial motor esc combo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Better ESC/Motor Combo JayzTwoCents Vaterra Twin Hammers 7 03-21-2013 05:30 AM
Choice for ESC or ESC motor combo fivepointnine98 Newbie General 10 07-05-2011 03:21 PM
motor esc combo help? sidewaystreak Venom Creeper 21 04-15-2010 08:48 AM