Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Lets try it again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #1

Default Lets try it again

A few years ago I built a really nice Gmade crawler and after a few runs decided that crawling wasn't for me so I sold it. Well years have past and times change so I figured I would give it another chance. I just purchased a used SCX10. Hopefully it will be here by Friday. It has a few mods done to it already such as metal Chubs and cups, aluminum upper and lower links, new Proline bumpers, F250 body, and flat iron tires. I will probably do more trail riding and obstacle course than rock climbing with it. Hopefully I will not be disappointed. I will probably do some more upgrades so any input would be great.

SANTAVY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Lets try it again

The truck does quite a good job stock trail running. It really depends on what you're trying to do with the truck, i know you said trail running and obstacle course so if you're looking for more maneuverability you might wanna look into ud/od the axles (there's a recent thread on this), or unlocking front and/or rear diffs so you can turn the truck easier (sacrifice scaling ability-climbing). If it was the speed that previously turned you off the scx10 stock is not exactly a speed demon id say it tops around 10-12mph so if you want speed throw in a 20T or lower gear it differently, put in a bec and run it on 3s. But honestly id run the truck as you get it and see what it is you like and don't, upgrade it from there. Seems to work the best.. have fun with the truck everyone in here does!
autonomous is offline   Reply With Quote

Lets try it again - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lets all do something rc crawler boy Maryland 43 08-13-2013 10:00 PM
lets see your 1:1 punkafi888 Chit Chat 1 11-13-2008 03:05 PM
lets try again 460cixy Videos! 11 07-31-2006 05:27 PM