Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: finally bought a scale crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default finally bought a scale crawler

hey guys, i have a losi comp crawler and finally decided to buy a scale crawler. i found a shop up near my work and when i went in they had every kit other then the wrangler rtr, which is the one i wanted... figures but i ended up buying a bunch of stuff to get a good price on all of it, i ended up walking out with the spektrum dx3c, scx10 honcho rtr, traxxas conversion plugs that he soldered on for me, estes proto x, and a couple batteries.... got an awesome price on everything.

anyways i was toying around with it and rolled it off a cliff in my yard haha rolled for about 50ft off a sloping cliff but it didnt hurt it all. im planing on opening up the bank account and doing a crap load of vanquish products. i hate how crappy the wheels are and the steering parts so those will be the first to go followed by some actual rugged bumpers.

i thought i would tell my story bc i didnt want to beat a horse to death about what parts to buy first off lol.

-drew

p.s. ill have some go pro vids up soon
4everyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: finally bought a scale crawler

Congrats on joining the addition! I say get the steering links done to help tighten up and improve steering. Then I'd replace as things break, because Vanquish parts can drain a wallet quick! Enough to buy a 2nd...3rd....even 4th stock rig lol. Not to say that their parts aren't worth it, but I say drive it before going crazy on upgrades, my 10 y/o son drives his stock scx10 and can do lines that some of me and my friends with full VP and custom rigs can't do. SOmetimes its the light/simple rig that does the line lol. Enough of my rant and post pics! =)
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:10 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

yea, i have a bad obsession with jeeps and offroading and when i get my eyes set on something it just happens, right now im in the planning stages but in the next day or two ill probably be dropping a couple hundred bucks on parts. the stock tires blow, the wheels blow (i hate fake beadlocks), the steering is flimsy and folds when put into a tight spot, i want the panhard steering kit to make it look more realistic and its cheaper to buy the four link with tht that so thats gonna happen, ill probably wait on the axles bc idk if ill want to upgrade to the wraith axles yet or not and i dont feel like spending the money on the currie's only to change them. another big thing i want to do is the bumpers and sliders they are so flimsy and wobbly. so i found a front bumper with a hoop that has a spot to drop in a winch semi hide away. and im going to do a light lol. so i have a lot of it planned out, i need to go get a body and get that ready too.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:19 AM   #4

I would play with it into something breaks and then upgrade the parts and yea i would save for vanquish parts. Top quality parts , but the vanquish links would be my first buy.
turboeg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:16 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

question for everyone, is there a place i can get the g6 two door wrangler body with the roll cage that you need for it and will it fit my honcho frame, i think they're the same but im new at this
Old 03-21-2014, 05:45 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everyoung View Post
question for everyone, is there a place i can get the g6 two door wrangler body with the roll cage that you need for it and will it fit my honcho frame, i think they're the same but im new at this
Dont think you can buy it separately yet so I'd keep an eye out in the classifieds or ebay. It should fit perfectly as long as you have the correct body posts, which the rtr should have spares so if its not the exact same ones as the honcho it should have the correct ones in the spares bag.

Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote

finally bought a scale crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally my VW Baja Bug Scale Rock Crawler rafaelpolanco Redcat Crawlers 3 04-21-2013 11:39 AM
Finally Bought Another Bike Shaun Chit Chat 8 09-23-2010 05:26 PM
Bought My First Crawler Losi Mini Crawler xXIRONMANXx Newbie General 5 04-02-2009 10:58 AM
finally bought a used e-maxx..heres my project thread nylintmaxx Traxxas Crawlers 3 12-17-2008 09:20 AM
Finally Gave in and Bought a Slash... and gave it some Monster Energy flair Lumpmister Non Crawler RC's 9 07-13-2008 01:10 PM