Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: novak SS+ brushless set up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default novak SS+ brushless set up

so i put a novak Super Sport Plus esc and a SS5800kv brushless motor combo in my truck. the day i soldered everythin up, it worked great, it would stop for a second but all i had to do was give it a little nudge with my boot or go in reverse and itd kick bak on. yesterday went to go plug in my battery(2s lipo) and i get nothin. when i pull the throttle the green light comes on then the green light and blue light on the esc starts to blink and i get nothin even with nudgein it forward. them reverse is the same way, the green light blinks then the blue light comes on and the green and blue light blink and nothin happends. im not sure if it needs to be programmed, if the motor is burnt out or what. im runnin a 2.4ghz radio from a nitro exceed buggie. thanks for the help!
XcrawlerkidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: novak SS+ brushless set up

http://teamnovak.com/file_download/1...tPlusInstr.pdf

According to that it's a possible ESC shut-down due to locked rotor detection. Return to neutral and check drivetrain for any binding.
Airdet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

everything moves freely. i was thinkin if i took the motor apart and cleaned it, maybe there might be dust or something inside
Old 03-30-2014, 12:13 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

took it apart and cleaned it with compressed air. put it back together. didnt hook it up to motor mount and turned the truck on and started doin the same thinv. so must be a dead spot in the motor. or the motors junk

novak SS+ brushless set up - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What your thought on Novak Timbuk2 "Wraith Edition" Brushless ESC/Ballistic Brushless Driller1 Electronics 10 07-02-2012 09:26 PM
Novak Releases "The Goat" brushed/brushless esc and sintered brushless motor Rockpiledriver Electronics 70 09-26-2007 05:59 PM
Novak Super Sport Brushless ESC + Novak Crawler Motor Scattman Electronics 10 03-13-2007 08:27 PM